CPU VID and CPU Freq

Status
Not open for further replies.

Geff-

Baseband Member
Im not much of a expert OCing computers, i just got my hand in a Athlon II x3 processor and unlocked it making it a Phenom II x4. my computer is now running stable and has been with no major problems or freezing for around 5 days now but i got Core Temp in a attempt to monitor a little and noticed my VID jumping from 1.1000v to 1.4500v multiple times per second?? my freq of all processors changing from 803.58MHz to 3314Mhz... so this is taking me to think my unlocking was not that good after all... any idea what that can be?

the temperature according to asus PC Probe 2 is 40C wile according to core temp is 78C, but i touch it and i dont get burn, feels more like 40...

I am using stock fan as well, i work with open case wile doing this so i can feel temperature as i know after unlocking its not acurate.

what do you guys think?? ohh my motherboard is a ASUS M5A78L-M lx

Attachments

• SCREEN.jpg
    SCREEN.jpg
    20.3 KB · Views: 337
Thats quite normal. Its called "AMD Cool n'Quiet" It deown clocks the cpu to save power, and shoots back up when needed.

If you plan to oc, youre best to disable it in the bios.

thats the problem.. my screen shot resolution was bad when put here but i have it on load at 100% and i still see 800 MHz, even when playing games. i did try disable all power friendly settings in bios but still same

If you will please do another screenshot and save it in 1024x768 and upload to photobucket and copy the link in here.
Also leave on the cool and quite for the cpu settings that says (200) and up put that thing at 205 or 208.
Also check your multiplier in bios and becarefull not push it too hard, if you do the white words on the left will blink red as a warning shot that it cannot take that kind of setting..
If you have 3.0ghz by default let it automatically clock up to 3.7ghz meaning 17x, check your ram settings and put it at 1066mhz if your using ddr3 1066.
I am not at my computer right now so I can't be to specific but that should get you started, last make sure your cpu is automatically set to 60c temp.

first of all, thank you for your help!

I set it up with 208 and 16.5 for multiplyer (cant go over in multiplyer with my BIOS and flashed bios today for new version)
i re enabled cool n quiet as your sugestion, here are the screen shots, but i see no difference.
oh my processor is stock 3.3 and my ram is 1333

what i want at all times:
http://i702.photobucket.com/albums/ww28/Geff87/normal1.png
this is what i get in no stress (most of the times)

what i stress processor i get this:
http://i702.photobucket.com/albums/ww28/Geff87/error1.png
note that one of the cores is good, it constantly jumps on and off 1 random core working or more, constantly changing.

here 1 more showing slow speed at no load at all.
http://i702.photobucket.com/albums/ww28/Geff87/noloaderror.png

so the problem seems to be the multiplyer... for some reazon it goes down to 4 then 10 and few times reached my value of 16.5 but goes back down... ?
my only question is about power... i dont know how much my MB is suposed to take but can it take the power requirement from a unlocked Athlon II?? im not sure how that goes :/ or why would it change multiplier on its own.

lol yes i know... its a error as asus probe 2 indicates temp in low 40's, i can even touch it with my hand and it feels warmish but far from hot, 80C and i would get burn if i touch it more than a few secconds. temperatures are stable and normal in low 40s.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom