Windows XP 64bit edition

Status
Not open for further replies.
I tried it and its really no use without 64-bit software to go with it. I'd prefer to stay 32-bit until I have a reason to move to a 64-bit OS. Otherwise, it will just hinder the performance of my 32-bit games and apps.

it seems that the applications need to recompile to run well on 64-bit platform.
but anyway, my system cant support 64-bit so i still have to stick back to 32-bit. :p

can i know what is the significant advantages of running on a 64-bit platform compared to 32-bit besides the processing speed?

ZoneFire said:
it seems that the applications need to recompile to run well on 64-bit platform.

Not sure if you thought this -- They don't recompile on the fly. If you don't have the CPU to handle it, there's a ton of emulation going on which is slowing down your PC.

can i know what is the significant advantages of running on a 64-bit platform compared to 32-bit besides the processing speed?

I'm by no means an expert but I'm guessing it has something to do with the amount of memory the computer can address. With the additional 32 bits of space available, it can access far more RAM.

yes, about 16TB of RAM. modern 32bit CPU's can only adress 64gigs, older CPU's than Pentium Pro can only adress 4gigs, u need a special server OS to adress 64gigs though... windows does not support it as far as I know.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom