Pics Of Upgrade

Status
Not open for further replies.

Whirlwind

Fully Optimized
This is actually my sons new pc that we finished building a couple days ago.

I have the same mobo, cpu cooler and ram and will put that in my old case next week sometime.

We are both still undecided on a video card between the GTX 560 Ti 448 core and a GTX 570.

My sons biuld is
CPU i7 2600K
Mobo Asus P8 Z68-V Pro.Gen 3
16 GB G-Skill 1600 Ram...Thanks to PP Mcguire's post in the deals section of these forums...16 GB was only $60
Crucial M4 64 GB SSD
Coolermaster V6 GT Cpu Cooler...this takes two people or a three armed person to mount on mobo, but it was worth the time.
Corsair HX 850 Watt Power Supply
Corsair 600T Graphite Series Case...really roomy...mobo looks like a postage stamp in this case :p

Here are a few pics

If you hit the oil cap on the V6 GT the led of the cooler changes color, from red,blue,purple,or off...it is a nice touch

Case is very nice and roomy and makes for a very clean build the way you route the wires...it also comes with two 220 MM fans and a fan controller that will control 4 fans.

I would have liked to got more pictures of the build so the new people could see how to mount each part and route the wires and such, but my son was too impatient and wanted to get it up and running.

Nice build! :) I got my Christmas check today at work for about $3000, I think I may build my son a similar build. Maybe I'll build myself a 3960x rig and give him my current rig. Who knows. But I must say, I love that case!

It looks like the cpu fans are blowing the wrong way. The intake should be on the memory side of the mobo.

It looks like the cpu fans are blowing the wrong way. The intake should be on the memory side of the mobo.

Good eyes, Slaymate....you are correct...we had to change the fans once the mobo was already mounted in the case...luckily they just snap on and off, and it was still a fairly tedius task.

I would have liked to got more pictures of the build so the new people could see how to mount each part and route the wires and such, but my son was too impatient and wanted to get it up and running.

a shame, would have liked to see that :(
looks pretty sweet anyway. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom