Message I have never seen before

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anyone know anything about MSI. I talked to tech support and they think I need to RMA it. Well, great but I can't be without a card. Do you know if they will cross ship? I have not been able to talk to their customer support yet to be able to find out if they cross ship.

Most companies do not cross-ship. They need to verify that your board is bad before they send you a replacement. Talk to them and ask. About the only way to know for sure.

If they cross-ship they will make you pay a deposit on the card that would cover a new card if they do not see that the other card is in-fact bad. This way they do not get screwed on sending you a new unit and ending up with a good re-cert costing them money in the end.

For what I am doing (video editing with deadlines) I can't afford to be without a card for one second. I guess it would not be a bad idea to have another card on hand. I am looking at the XFX 6870 on the egg to actually replace this 460 as it now scares me to use nvidia. I have had good luck with my last cards which were amd. Not a speck of trouble. I bought it because I thought it might be better for video editing in Sony Vegas Pro 11 I use. Anyone care to comment on the plan of action? Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom