HPZ400 6-DIMM workstation, is it good for gaming?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ransac838

Beta member
is it good? i just want to know if it's top of the line, coz my mums paying 5k for it, she spoke to the computer guy, something like a birthday present, and gave me the sheet with the specs, its going to be assembled at my house in around 4-5 days time, and i want to know if she is being ripped off, these are the specs

hp z400 localization kit, intel xeon w3565 3.2 8mb/1066 QC CPU, HP air cooling solution, HP High perf heatsink themal kit, HP 8gb (2 x 4gb) ddr3-1333 ECC RAM, HP no graphics option, HP 1000gb SATA 7200 ist HDD, HP 16X DVD+- RW SuperMulti SATA 1st drive, Nvidia 2000 1.0gb graphics

hx for helping, i just want to know if its worth it, 5k is alot of money

You haven't specified where you're from so we don't know what currency you're talking about. I'll assume USD.

This is the machine you're getting: HP Z400 Workstation (VA801UT) specifications - HP Small & Medium Business products and it's $1959 so yeah, you'll be paying over $3000 for a 1TB HDD and another RAM module.

These types of machines are not really designed for gaming, you're paying a huge premium for a workstation graphics card that won't be as good at gaming as a cheaper geforce card.
The ECC RAM is important in servers but is actually slower and more expensive than the equivalent non-ECC.

In short, I definitely don't recommend this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom