HELP! My PC won't boot up right! Need fix ASAP!

Status
Not open for further replies.
try disconnecting everything from motherboard, keep it simple with only memory, video card (if you dont have onboard) and processor, look for a picture... chances are you will get it there even if your power supply is bad, go from there connecting each time more stuff see if it fails, you may have a power supply issue yes, or maybe a error in windows?? i wouldent say power supply just yet rly :/

try disconnecting everything from motherboard, keep it simple with only memory, video card (if you dont have onboard) and processor, look for a picture... chances are you will get it there even if your power supply is bad, go from there connecting each time more stuff see if it fails, you may have a power supply issue yes, or maybe a error in windows?? i wouldent say power supply just yet rly :/

I have sent my mobo in for repair or replacement twice in the past few yrs when i was getting the 0x00000124 error but it wasnt the mobo. I was thinking it was the graphics card but idk. The lifespan of my PSU is 50k hrs n i am already going on like 4 yrs. It makes since that the lifespan of the PSU is starting to give out n this is a big sign. I will be getting that Corsair 850w XT PSU tomorrow to test this out n hope that it's only the PSU n nothing else.

I just tried a different power strip, but no dice :(.

A PSU does not have a lifespan, IMO. I still am using my old Maxcool PSU that I had from my 2003 system. Use it in my mom's system.

A PSU does not have a lifespan, IMO. I still am using my old Maxcool PSU that I had from my 2003 system. Use it in my mom's system.

Tried out the new PSU. It didnt work. It is either my mobo or HDD. I will try out the HDD as a slave in my friends PC to see if i can access my stuff still. If i can, then it must be the mobo. I would have to send it in for fix.

I am going to send back the PSU n get my money back.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom