Upcoming 560Ti purchase, looking for others' experiences

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nvidia may be releasing the 448 version today but I have been watching NewEgg all day and am tired of waiting.

I just pulled the trigger on this:
Newegg.com - MSI N560GTX-Ti Twin Frozr II 2GD5/OC GeForce GTX 560 Ti (Fermi) 2GB 256-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready SLI Support Video Card

Comes with a free download of Batman Arkam City.

FYI Arkam City is awesome. Also on that note, when you get it downloaded don't enable DX11 until they patch it, it's glitched and causes stuttering on even the most high end systems.

I'm interested to see if you're able to play BF3 on Ultra settings without issues. Mine gets the FPS, but stutters after a few minutes of gameplay. EVGA told me it sounded like a driver-crash and to wait for new drivers/patches.

I didn't think the 560ti could even handle ultra in BF3 with reasonable stable fps.

Yeah people seem to have that misconception. On 1680x1050 resolution it averages 44-45 fps on Ultra, minimum being 29-30fps. However, in multiplayer I get graphical freezes after 4-5 minutes of playing where the GPU load % drops to 0%. Single-player is fine. EVGA told me this was a driver crash and all I can do is wait. Have yet to try it on the latest BF3 update though.

Obligatory pic of my new card beside my GTX 260 Core 216 (crappy cell phone pic):

1201111744.jpg

Trotter, how is that card campared to your GTX 260 core 216 ?

How big of a difference is there?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom