USB 2.0 not recognized as high speed ports

Status
Not open for further replies.

Luke_Vader

Beta member
Recently my USB ports are not performing as high speed ports like they're supposed to. They're all 2.0 ports, but when I plug something in to any of the ports, I get a message saying "This USB device can perform faster if you connect it to a High-Speed USB 2.0 port" then says "click here for a list of available ports".

When I click for the available ports, all 6 of my USB ports are listed, but they all do the same thing.

I'm running Windows Vista SP2, just ran update to make sure everything is up to date, opened device manager to make sure there werent any conflicts with my ports, and scanned and updated drivers for all of the ports. Still, I get the same message and the same slow performance.

Any idea what could be causing this?

And just to be clear, they're showing up in device manager as "Enhanced Host Controllers" with no red X's or exclamation points and they were performing as high-speed ports before, so I guess my computer recognizes them as high-speed but they're just not performing as high-speed for whatever reason.

I have an ASUS CM5570 running Vista 64-bit SP2. I've tried downloading drivers for this model from the ASUS site, but only Windows 7 drivers are available. The motherboard I have is P5QL-VM EP and I have downloaded the chipset driver from the ASUS site but that has not fixed the problem.

I've tried different USB devices (iPods, EXT HDD's, etc) on all 8 ports and the message comes up every time.

I'm at a loss. Any help is GREATLY appreciated!

I've had the same problem, reset bios and everything including re-installing the drivers multiple times.

Also my sound decided to quit working on my ASUS CM5570 after a windows update, I was able to re-install the driver after installing, and uninstalling multiple times for about and hour. It quit again and after hours and hours I give up.

Was thinking of getting another sound card, now I'm thinking of getting another motherboard. :madd:

Unless there's some other people have the same issues as Luke_Vader and I.

I'm at a loss also. Any help is GREATLY appreciated!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom