Silly Floppy Drive!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well what brand are you buying, Sony? I stick to the Japanese floppy drives, they tend to last.. I have never had a problem..

I wish! We aren't allowed to log onto any online accounts at my school. Thanks anyway, I guess I will just waste a CD.

OMG, at my school were not allowed to check email at school but i check my emails and goto my forum and stuff without gettin caught. Sometimes the teachers make eceptions for emailing stuff to yourself. Our admin is the "admin nazi" !!!!!!!! and we manage

this is why i bought one of those handy dandy thumb drives. they're so damn cheap these days, a 1/2gb for $50. at the school i attended earlier this year, they wanted us to use floppies or zip drives.....bah!! I saw that USB port and went and got me a thumb drive......actually it was when my backpack got lifted at the mall with all my floppies w/my homework on them (arrrrgggh) that i decided to get one. Damn, i just remembered I had about 512mb of of pc2700 RAM that I lost that day too.......that was a bad day....oh and the movie i saw sucked too.

Um, you can still email it to yourself and get it at school. What you have to do is go into the front office and tell them what you did, and ask to use a machine to get it. Have a floppy disk ready with you, and just grab it then.

Of course, if it was me and this was important, I wouldn't be whining about a 1-cent CD and would just burn the bugger and be done with it.

Uh, maybe you guys didn't see? Lol. I already did "burn the bugger"... but thanks anyway! 1 cent? Where do you buy your CD's?

CD-R's have a market value of less than a cent. That should help you see how much you overpay when you buy.

Of course, unless you buy bulk 100-CD spindles, you're not gonna hit close to the 1-cent mark.

Still, if you paid $20 for one of those 100-CD packs, you're only paying 20-cents a CD, and that's just not that big of a deal.

Meh, I'm not saying it is expensive or anything. I'm just not a very wasteful person (or try not to be). Using a CD that can hold 700mb for a 12kb text file is just... well... outrageous. Meh, oh well, it had to be done !:p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom