HELP! My PC won't boot up right! Need fix ASAP!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wildside

Hellfire!
Hey i need desperate helop here! I just came home from school to do Maya homework, and my PC won't boot up. When i press the power button, i hear all the fans go full blast as usual. However, when it's suppose to start slowing down to a minimum speed n the boot screen pop up, etc it doesnt do any of that! The fans just stay blowing at medium settings n no screen comes up. I tried the following:

*Testing out each of my RAM sticks for errors by swapping
*Dusted out my whole PC, including my PSU
*Swapped my Phenom II with my old Athlon64 x2 5000
*Reset CMOS/BIOS

I do get this 0x00000124 hardware error here n there for yrs. I can only think that right now for this recent issue is the motherboard or PSU not getting enough power. Can anyone help me? My PC chose the wrong time for it to break 3 weeks until school ends.

If the one in you sig is your system, Xclio is a cheap brand of PSU. I would look at getting a new PSU. It is powering enough for the fans to go on, not to wake the motherboard.

I added an extra fan not too long ago. The Shark fan n it has been powering that for a while now. I've had my PC for over 3 yrs, going to be 4 by Feb. I could try removing a fan to see if that works.

That should not make a difference. You PSU is not pumping enough power to your system. A fan would use 0.5% of that power.

If a fan can crash your system then you've got a problem.

0x00000124 is a general hardware error, a lot of components can cause it. I'm with MoM, Xclio makes a crappy power supply and it has probably been dying for a while now, causing your random 0x00000124 bsod's.

:O I think u may be right Slaymate! I will have to buy a new one asap!

Which one would u recommend me getting? I plan on going to Radeon 7000 series or GTX 500 series when i rebuild my PC soon:

Newegg.com - CORSAIR Enthusiast Series TX850 V2 850W ATX12V v2.31/ EPS12V v2.92 80 PLUS BRONZE Certified Active PFC High Performance Power Supply

Newegg.com - CORSAIR Enthusiast Series CMPSU-850TX 850W ATX12V v2.2 / EPS12V v2.91 SLI Certified CrossFire Ready 80 PLUS Certified Active PFC Power Supply

EDIT:

I cant tell the difference between these two PSUs :/.

I would go with the 1st one, $99.99 after a mail in rebate is a great deal.

In my mind, after looking at your post & spec's, your power supply is the most likely suspect. But it could be your mobo or another component, however without a bunch of test equipment, swapping parts is the only way to find out.

I would go with the 1st one, $99.99 after a mail in rebate is a great deal.

In my mind, after looking at your post & spec's, your power supply is the most likely suspect. But it could be your mobo or another component, however without a bunch of test equipment, swapping parts is the only way to find out.

I also have another 1GB of RAM, so i have a total of 5GBs. Didn't update it yet.

I dont think it could be my mobo because ive had recently a few crashes believe it our not just doing homework. Crashes out of the blue. My CPU is OCed to 3.3GHz n has remained that way. Sound card is dieing or dead n caused a lot of BSODs in the past. Your right, i need to just swap out stuff n i wish i could do the same with the GPU but what im going to do is just get the new PSU and hopefully that is the only thing that is causing all my major problems n not my GPU or mobo.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom