help need an external disk drive for playing games for my son no idea what i need!

Status
Not open for further replies.

rach1782

Beta member
hi, as you can guess im not all that up on computers, my ten yr old son has a notebook/netbook. it has no disk drive but he has just got themepark world and zoo tycoon for his birthday. Please can somebody tell me what type of external disk drive i need to buy, it only needs to play games.
thanks in advance x

low size external hard disk will help u.
if u hv to do all stuffs rather than playing games take of big size hard disk like 640 gb.
for gaming 320 gb is well and good.
if games are of high config u may need graphic card bt i thnk 10 yr old wnt ply dat configuration games.
:cool:

Why can't you just put it on the internal drive? Most of them are 250GB and up. Plus, with an external drive, you will get slower read/write speed. Not recommended for gaming.

I think both of you have misinterpreted the problem, it's a netbook with no optical drive. Any external DVD burner should be suitable, bear in mind USB ones will require two USB ports fairly adjacent each other so that you can plug in both connectors of the Y cable to power it; this is what I would recommend getting if two ports are available. Pretty much any of these would be suitable: Newegg.com - usb dvd drive (presuming you're in the US)

Samsung have never done me wrong: Newegg.com - SAMSUNG USB 2.0 Slim External DVD Writer Model SE-208AB/TSBS

thanks everyone for your advice suggestions, Nitestick will try and find ones like what you posted as im in the uk. Has definately been a great help and my son will be a happy boy lol, he wont have to wrestle me off mine when he wants to play his games lol.
thanks everyone :)

*mumble* In my experience, you do not always need both USB ports, but is recommended. Or get one with a external power brick.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom