Best 6800 for 500 bucks?

Status
Not open for further replies.

tOny mOnt4n4

In Runtime
My friends wants a really nice vid card and he wants to spend 500 bucks to ensure he can run any game for years to come. at the moment hes playing everquest2 with a ti4200. i know evga is a good brand but he isnt gonna be doing any overclocking and he doesnt even know his comp specs but its a custom computer and he says it rocks except for the video card. so you guys have any suggestions?

6800GT (very good 6800 card) sells for between $375 and $420 bucks. Can be easily overclocked to 6800Ultra speeds, saving you the $480-520 price of an Ultra.

I thought you could get an Ultra for 500 bucks, i'll go check it out.

and ShoobieRat, he said there is going to be NO overclocking.

Albatron is an unfamiliar brand to me, i would stay away from them.

Don't worry about getting an Ultra, because it is NO WAY worth the extra $100-$150 if you can easily overclock an eVGA 6800GT to Ultra speeds or even past.

Tomy thats the one I have.

I honestly would trust anyone else with the 6800's as eVGA is getting all of the credit and awards. Not only that they are dedicated to vid cards. Asus, MSI, etc all make other products too. (im not saying their bad though)

i could always go to his house to overclock it , when you overclock from a GT to ultra is there a significant heat increase or high chance of instablity? because i dont feel like frying my friends 500 dollar card =/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom