Inspection cost

Status
Not open for further replies.

shutthefrontdoor

Beta member
Hello everyone. Thanks for looking at my post! I need an answer to a question and hope someone can help. I asked someone to look at my computer when it crashed, he said it was a motherboard issue. It would cost more to repair than to buy a new one. He is charging me $60 bucks for looking at it. Is this a fair fee? It seems a bit high to me. Thanks and have great one!

It shut down on me, then would only display a black screen that said loading pbr. The guy told me to clean it and try again. Then it would not power on. The light would blink amber colored. He said it was a motherboard.

Did it post a blue screen at all?

Try running it only on one stick of RAM. All drives disconnected.

If nothing happens, try to reset the BIOS. Take the watch battery out from the board for a few minutes, reinsert.. Near the PCI slots.

agree, dont find it a bad amount if you dont want to troubleshoot your self, then again maybe we can help.. are you talking about a laptop or desktop? i assume laptop as desktops motherboards are "cheap".. tell us a little about your computer, specs and what not.

$60 is fair. I charge around that, but if you decided to fix the PC and go through me I include the diagnosis in the cost of the repair.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom