Wireless keyboards?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Daretadakatsu

Baseband Member
Was wondering if getting a wireless keyboard is worth it, and if you could post/share any decent ones you know of, ( if there is any :') )

Or a decetn keyboard with a long cable, or one i can fit an extenstion onto! :)

Thanks

*ding, ding* You rang? :p

I can tell you what I use. I have A Logitech K250 that I use on this main system. Plus, I have a Logitech K340 that I use on my Linux rig. They are both wireless, have the slim USB dongles, and are great! I never turn them off, unless I take them along on vacation. Leaving them on 24/7, I had to change the batteries once since I bought it in early last February. Battery can last up to at least 6 months. Some people complain about the slow response in typing, but I am noticing none of this. Some recommend you have the adapter located in a spot where other wireless devices don't disrupt the signal. But I have my router about 6 inches above the case. Also have my wireless mouse, have many electric things around my computer, and it still works like nothing hit it.

I have used it in Desktops, notebooks, a wide range of OS's, and it still works great! Might not be able to use the FN keys in Linux, but not a need.

BTW, Logitech is my favorite. I have 4 x M305 mice, 2 keyboards, 3 headphones by them, Z4 and Z-530 speakers and a gamepad by 'em. :D

Thanks for the reply!
I myself use Logitech, I have two Wireless M505 at the moment, but with this new rig that i have, its having alot of problems with one metre away or so. ( all drivers correctly installed, tried different Ports ) A Sometimes it decides to work perfectly, and other times just jolts, i thought it was because of the ON/OFF charge on the motherboard But apparantly not :')

I asked about keyboards as my setup is going to be around five metres away

Ill take a look at the keyboard you suggested :)

thank you

Might actually be the adapter that is bad... Try asking Logitech about that. They are good at customer service. I didn't even have to send in my old G5 when it broke. I just called up Logitech, and they sent me another G5, free.

avoid HP wireless KBs. they suck. I got one for the HTPC downstairs and they put all the media controls in bad spots.... it's so easy to press the disc eject buttons and the sleep button they are right were most people grab the keyboard!!!! also they feel really cheap and I feel like I gotta baby it or it will fall apart LOL.

I'd get Logitech for mouse,KB, speakers, gamepads they are a pretty good brand. had this marble mouse for close to 6 years and I've had another for 12 years. all work perfectly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom