A few thing that has been bugging me regarding computer technology

Status
Not open for further replies.

KoF Ripsaw

In Runtime
What ever happened to USB 3.0? When I built my computer motherboards were advertising 3.0 heavily, but to this date Ive seen zero products that use 3.0 technology.

Also when I built my computer I started to hear about PCI Express 3.0. I really didnt hear too much other then its 2011 release date. Yet Ive heard nothing about it in the last year. Furthermore is it going to be groundbreaking or seldom used for the next few years?

I think my lack of places to look at for news is the problem with most of my lack of information. Which websites should I check to be up to date on things.

And does Microsoft sell flash-drives with windows loaded?

Finally how often should I upgrade my computer? To keep it playing games at high if not ultra settings what part should I upgrade and when?

well, its only been a couple of weeks since they finally released the specs to manufacturers for pCI 3.0 if i recall.

Finally how often should I upgrade my computer? To keep it playing games at high if not ultra settings what part should I upgrade and when?
have you seen how many pc games are getting made these days, if you make one last big upgrade your computer will probably stay in date to see the end of pc gaming lol

What ever happened to USB 3.0? When I built my computer motherboards were advertising 3.0 heavily, but to this date Ive seen zero products that use 3.0 technology.
I have a 16GB USB3 stick, I love it :) Can transfer a 13GB 1080p video file in like, 2-3 minutes :D Takes half an hour on USB2.

And does Microsoft sell flash-drives with windows loaded?
Not that I can find. You can download the offical ISO (disk image) and set it up on a USB stick yourself if you want.

I think my lack of places to look at for news is the problem with most of my lack of information. Which websites should I check to be up to date on things.
I have the RSS feeds of various tech sites feeding into Google Reader. I read Engadget, The Verge, Anandtech, Wired, Your Tech Report, and Ars Technica.

Also ive been having problems with installing 11.11 Drivers. Whenever I download them, select my language and press install the install manager crashes. I had to skip on 11.10 thinking that it would be resolved in time, but now with 11.11 its just as bad.
AMD 6870s Crossfire if my graphics card is important in this case.

Yeah, USB3 has been standard in motherboards for at least a year. Plus my motherboard came with a floppy-drive-format box with USB 3 ports :) So I've got USB3 ports both on the front and back of my case.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom