Help Purchasing New Motherboard - Needs to be Compatible with CPU and Video Card

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ragnos

Baseband Member
Hello everyone, thanks for taking the time to read.

My current motherboard (P5W DH DELUXE) is faulty and I would like to replace it. The new motherboard must be compatible with my processor (Intel® Core™2 Duo Processor E6320) as well as my video card (EVGA GeForce GTS 450 FPB).

In addition to compatibility I plan on buying a new processor in the future that can handle larger amounts of memory. Therefore the motherboard must also be able to handle a modern processor.

I appreciate the help I've received from the past and I thank whoever helps me in advance.

Hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving!

Seeing as most popular intel processors right now are 1155 and that is 775. I don't think there is going to be a new motherboard that is going to be compatible with both. Your best bet is to hit ebay or craigslist and find a motherboard that will work until you plan to upgrade your ram/proc/motherboard as new motherboards are also DDR3 ram.

Thank you for the swift response d0ntcar3, I did not realize that now I'd have to upgrade the memory too. Ugh, well I suppose I'll have to start purchasing newer parts in the coming weeks.

Alright, I'll have to start looking at the prices for an older motherboard online. Maybe they have one on a Cyber Monday sale today.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom