Is this a good desktop for the price?

Status
Not open for further replies.
CPU could be better, but looks alright, not a bad price.

though with pre-builds always ask yourself, why is this as cheap as it is.

plus your thread title, theres no good answer for that question, the real question is what do you want it for and whats your budget for doing that

I Really wanted an i5 but there was no i5 systems at the time on tigerdirect,newegg,micro center for under 500 dollars so i got this. I just basically wanted to know if it will run bf3 and mw3.

meets the recommended specs for both, more than recommended in most cases
I thought recommended for BF3 was a 6950... it might meet minimum for it.
And personally if I was going AMD I'd get the FX-4100, price-to-performance rocks.

The build is inexpensive because its using a cheap motherboard and power supply; low performance GPU; and guessing the HDD and RAM aren't exactly name brand either.

i keep seeing ati x1950 as the minimum ati card.... hmm maybe im seeing it wrong, and i doubt it'd be the 6950 lol that card is one of atis higher end 6 series, theyre only just starting on the 7s, or were when i bought my 6 series ati card.

**** it might even be a 6950, i cant remember. is it the one with 2 bios chips on it? lol and you can flash one with the 6970 bios and get a little more performance out of it !

i have a large card somewhere. but yeah, they cant price people out like that it especially on pc

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom