Upcoming 560Ti purchase, looking for others' experiences

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trotter

Grandfather of Techist, ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff member
I am going to be ordering a GTX 560Ti, probably by Cyber Monday. I have been looking through the various models and see lots of good and some bad in all of them. Because of this I am opening up this thread to ask for personal experience with the different brands/models.

I am only looking at/for cards with non-reference coolers. I want a card with a 3+ year warranty but I am not a slave to EVGA.

Post up your own experience with your 560Ti.

Many thanks.

I got two of em. I think they are good enough but I really do not have much experience with any other card. I do know that in SLI they max out settings and play very well. One card alone plays good too but not at max on more demanding games. BF3 recommended is the 560ti or the 6950 or better. Never had any problems with mine. In hind sight if I was going to spend that much on two cards I think I woulda just bought a single 580. Mainly cause of the space two take up on your MB. With my CrossHair V each card cover a slot you are not able to use. Oh well, Live and learn and remember it. Hope this helps.

The new GTX 560 Ti cards are due out 11/29

They will have 448 cores instead of 384 and they will also have a 320 bit bus.....my son is patiently awaiting the arrival of these.

The new GTX 560 Ti cards are due out 11/29

They will have 448 cores instead of 384 and they will also have a 320 bit bus.....my son is patiently awaiting the arrival of these.

I did not know this. As long as they stay around $250 I will probably grab one of them as that is my budget (or thereabout).

I didn't know that either. So this is like the 192- and 216-core versions of the GTX260s?

Oh btw, definitely go for a 2GB version if you can. It'll be worth it if you're doing 1080p or above (and ensures a non-reference PCB).

560ti at Pricewatch - Lowest prices, Sales | Page 1

Donot know if you look at PriceWatch but it gives an idea on pricing.

I will be buying through NewEgg.

Oh btw, definitely go for a 2GB version if you can. It'll be worth it if you're doing 1080p or above (and ensures a non-reference PCB).

The only 2GB NewEgg has is a couple of EVGA (one is reference and other is a double card) and an out of stock MSI.

If/when the new models come out either they will be at this price point and I will buy one, or they will be more expensive and the current cards will drop and I will buy one of them. Either way...

With this better bit bus the newer cards would be able to use the extra vram [2GB versios] more effectively, or so I have read.

Basically I think it has pretty much the same architecture as the GTX 570 now so maybe just like an underclocked GTX 570.

Anyway, like you Trotter, my son is hoping that the price stays roughly the same as he would love to stay under $300

http://www.fudzilla.com/graphics/item/24996-asus-engtx-560-ti-448-pictured

Here is the first one that I have found....looks like the price of a GTX 570
http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=1613290&CatId=28

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom