Ignorance is not always bliss...

Status
Not open for further replies.

ThusToTyrants

Solid State Member
This is the first time I have tried to piece together a computer, and my knowledge and terminology is severely lacking. I went to a website that offered many potions and this is what I've come up with. I am trying to stay under $2000, including tax and shipping I barely made it. Any advise or comments would be extremely appreciated, thank you in advance.
Oh yeah, I will be using this mostly for gaming. But I am also enrolling in some entry level computer courses at a community college, so will be using this computer for those courses as well.

- Thermaltake V5 Chassis (Gaming Case?)
- i7-2600K Processor
- ARC Dual Silent High Performance Fans (I'm giving you guys all the information the website gave)
- DDR3-1600 Memory Module 4GB x 2
- NVIDIA GeForce GTX 560 Ti
- Gigabyte GA-Z68AP-D3 motherboard
-700 Watt standard Power Supply
- 2 TB HDD, 64M Cache, 7200rpm, 6.0 Gb/s
- 12x Blu-ray LG BLU-RAY reader /dvd burner combo
- Creative Labs Sound Blaster X-Fi Xtreme Audio Sound Card
- Onboard LAN Network card (Gb or 10/100)
- Logitech G510 Keyboard
- MadCatz RAT 7 Mouse
- 24" Scepter E246W Monitor
- Eagle Arion 2.1 Soundstage Speakers/Woofer

I think that was everything. Once again, any help/comments would be awesome, thanks!!

ibuypower. I considered doing it myself, but was unsure of the technical skill involved. Is it an easy process with very little knowledge of computer hardware?? I would for sure consider saving that much if I were able to.

Well, well. That does seem easy enough. Thanks for the link Roark. Looks like I have a lot more research/shopping in store for me, lol.

Besides iBuypower is very over priced Cyberpowerpc is alot cheaper but dotn customize it on there site look around on newegg and stuff.

You could probally put this machine togather for under 1.2k if you did it yourself.

If you're already willing to drop ~2k here is a suggestion to get your money's worth:

CPU + MB: $525 Intel i7 2600K + Asus P8Z68-V Pro
GPU + PSU: $595 MSI GTX580 Lightning + Corsair TX750 V2
RAM: $65 8GB G.Skill Ripjaws X 1600/CAS8
HDD: $150 1TB Samsung Spinpoint F3
SSD: $150 120GB OCZ Agility 3
ODD: $58 Asus 12X BD-ROM (DVD/CD Burner)
Case: $100 Corsair Carbide 400R
Monitor: $170 Asus 24" LED Backlit LCD

Total = $1913 (-$85 in rebates = $1828)
And, if you sign-up for a ShopRunner trial, shipping is free.

I left out the keyboard, mouse, speakers you chose since they are ~$260 together.
Its easy enough to trim the build to fit them in, if you are set on them, just ditch the SSD and downgrade the GPU.
Otherwise I'd suggest checking out the Razer Arctosa + DeathAdder Combo and Altec Lansing 2.1 Speakers

consider that, you dont need to buy the latest tech right away, buy a mobo and cpu you can expand on later, buy everything else as and when you need it lol, its easier to spread the cost over time and thats the benefit of building your own, you can replace parts as and when

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom