Power Consumption Monitor/Tool

Status
Not open for further replies.

roberttk01

Solid State Member
It's me again. I am having a small issue (but I am not trying to troubleshoot exactly because I think I may know what it is), and I think my PSU isn't giving me enough juice at 750W and causing my fans to drop offline on my fan controller. I only have 2 fans running right now, and had three until I installed the new SSD. Anyways, I was wondering if there was a way to monitor the power consumption in the comp or a tool to guesstimate how much.

not really, there is a thing that you plug into the wall, then the computer into that, and it has a LCD screen that displays how much power is comming out of the wall...

idk what its called or where to get it...

google is your friend ;)

Yeah, they have those at home depot, they are designed to limit consumption, where I just want to measure how much I am drawing so that I don't go over the 750W limit of the power supply, or see if that is why the NZXT Sentry LX fan controller will not power all four fans simultaneously

Kill A Watt EZ Meter-P4460 at The Home Depot < This is designed to limit consumption by the ability to monitor if that is what you are going for, or to trip if you hit the preset limit that you input into it, i.e. for Christmas lights.

Did you even read the item description in your Home Depot link? Did you read the review link I supplied?

The Kill A Watt EZ Meter - P4460 is a Meter. All it does is monitor the power being used by a device. With the knowledge you gain by using the P4460, you can limit your home's overall power consumption by turning off devices and appliances when not in use.

But the P4460 does not turn these devices on and off. It is not a timer and it will not turn off your Christmas lights. I actually own two P4460's, it is a Meter or Monitor, that's all it does.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom