New high wattage PSU suggestions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Are you talking about the rig in your sig? Cause an 850W should be more than enough for 2x 6950s and an OC'd cpu.

Regardless, you really can't go wrong with a Corsair HX.
I would also check out the Silverstone ST1000-P and OCZ ZX 1000W.

Yes, and it SHOULD be, but I've had some stability issues with it. And I know it's the PSU, not the OC, because I tried a different higher wattage PSU at work, and it work fine.

Just wondering what corsair 850w power supply you have, I was looking at the corsair TX850 is it worth upgrading to the hx850 for £30 more.

okay thanks for the reply, when i build my pc i plan on getting a 560ti gpu and in the future going sli. do you think i should get a better psu than the tx850 just to be on the safe side? i will be getting the nzxt phantom case so will also need to power the fans on that, a 2500k (possibly oced) and probably a p8z68 motherboard.

thanks for any help. :) oh also, after christmas do you think that prices for parts will go on sale and be cheaper than just before christmas (not sure the best time to order my parts)

okay thanks for the reply, when i build my pc i plan on getting a 560ti gpu and in the future going sli. do you think i should get a better psu than the tx850 just to be on the safe side? i will be getting the nzxt phantom case so will also need to power the fans on that, a 2500k (possibly oced) and probably a p8z68 motherboard.

thanks for any help. :) oh also, after christmas do you think that prices for parts will go on sale and be cheaper than just before christmas (not sure the best time to order my parts)

The TX850 will be fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom