HP laptop video card

Status
Not open for further replies.

Randy Marsh

Beta member
Hi there,

I've bought a HP pavilion dv6 notebook a couple weeks ago..
the proccessor preformances are great, and altough it's a notebook.. i would have expected it to have a great video card after the reviews i've read about it.

the problem is.. when i do a system check, IE on "can you run it" it says basically for every newer game everything is top notch except my videocard.
when i read into the details i get

Video Card
Minimum: Shader 3.0 or better 256 MB NVIDIA GeForce 8600GT / ATI Radeon X1950 or better
You Have: Mobile Intel(R) HD Graphics
oie_red_arrow.gif
Upgrade Suggested: Unfortunately, your Video Card does not meet this requirement. Click here to see some recommendations. Click here for the latest Video drivers.
Features: Minimum attributes of your Video Card
green_checkmark_small.gif
Video RAM 256 MB 2.8 GB
Pixel Shader version 3.0 4.1
Vertex Shader version 3.0 4.1

Required You Have

which in my opinion it should be all good right?
well whenever i try to play MW3 or the elder scrolls: skyrim.. or heck even the first assassins creed it just won't work...

so how come i'm way over the minimum requirments and it just wont work?
i've checked if the driver was updated, which should be the case anyway since i just bought the notebook

thanks in advance.

Your notebook only has Intel Mobile Graphics, which I'm sorry to say isn't very good. You say you only purchased this a few weeks ago? Maybe it can still be returned, but a notebook with better graphics will cost you more.

well yeah i know it's not the best..
but it's still 2.8 GB ram, which should be enough to support a game to only requires 256 MB or are there other factors that mather for such games?

in example.. i play world of warcraft (i know they, not the best grafics around) on the highest setting and still have a frame rate of about 90 FPS.
so why is it not possible to play a game like MW3 or skyrim even on the lowest grafics?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom