Is this a good laptop? Samsung, i5-2410, GT540M

Status
Not open for further replies.

jaggey

Beta member
I want a new laptop that will allow me to play Sims 3 without any problems and also play 1080p videos. I have around £500 (between $750 and $800) to spend. I don't know much about computers or how to build them. I think that the processor, memory, and graphics card are the three most important things. Is this correct?

Anyway, this is the best laptop I've found. It's a Samsung from PCWorld, with 6GB of DDR3 memory, an Intel Core i5-2410M processor, and a Dedicated Nvidia GT540M graphics card with 1GB memory. I know Samsung is a big brand but is it good for laptops? I've looked at hierarchy charts on tomshardware and the processor and graphics card both look good. This looks to me like the best deal around for my needs. Would you agree? Are there any catches to this deal that I haven't noticed? It seems too good to be true considering the price of other laptops on the PCWorld site.

Alternatively, does anyone know of any better deals I could get?

Any help would be greatly appreciated. :big_grin:

How much is the laptop? Can you link us, please? Thanks.

Samsung is a swell manufacturer. Their screens aren't the best, yet being Samsung. But, that shouldn't matter all that much unless you are a graphic designer.

You should be able to play Sims 3 and 1080p videos easily.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom