lasse189

Solid State Member
I built a new computer yesterday with following specs:

GPU: HD 6850
CPU: intel i3-2100 (3.1GHz)
RAM: 4gb fatal1ty Ram
PSU: 850W OCZ
HDD: OCZ Agility 3 (SSD) + 2x 1TB WD

In the beggining there was no problem, but then the graphic card started crashing during Skyrim play and i got the following error in the task bar: "Display driver stopped responding and has recovered"

First i thought it was overheating, but the cpu temp is 40 celsius and gpu is around the same.
I reinstalled drivers without any luck, tried older drivers without luck.

Then it also started crashing outside game, like in desktop and in web browser. Then it totally froze and i had to hard-restart.

Then someone told me that the sandforce based SSD's had some firmware problems that could lead to computer crashes. So i removed the SSD and installed windows on a mechanical disk. Still the same problem.

But it hasn't frozen outside game this time (yet)

What else can it be? :s

Please, stop this menace.... Had to ask this for the last 3 threads...

List the model of your PSU. That can tell us if it may be a faulty PSU.

Could be that the SSD is bad. If you reinstalled and the problem still remains, it isn't your OS.

Try running diagnisic tests. With Seatools or similar.

I have completely removed the SSD from the system, but the errors still occur.
what is maximum temp on cpu and gpu ?

GPU is usually 70-75C on max. CPU is normally around 65C.

What temperature software are you running? Might want to show us a screenshot of HWMonitor.

I can do a test in OCCT or something, whatever you wanna see.

Just tell me what to test for :)

Ok, i'll start Hw monitor before i play, and then I will play skyrim until it crashes again, then we'll see...

well... having a hard time record it, cause now the computer has started to freeze completely.

I have done som recordings in OCCT, GPU did not show any errors, but CPU and GPU did.

I dont know how to read the results, but there was one pic that had different values over the testing time: ImageShack® - Online Photo and Video Hosting

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom