What to do AFTER Reinstalling Windows 7

Status
Not open for further replies.

jcm29

Beta member
Brand new to this forum, and I am sure this is something that has been addressed, but I can't seem to find anything online that will help or is directly on point.

So here's my situation: I bought a brand new Samsung QX411 two months ago. It's a great computer. Problem is, it got hit with a nasty virus that was pretty much completely debilitating, so I took it in to Best Buy (mistake), and they told me the best thing would be just reinstall Windows 7, and everything would be great. Well, I did, and now I am stuck. I reinstalled, but I did not realize that literally nothing would be in place. I am not completely naive: I did save all of my important files, folders, music, etc. So it's not that I have lost my data and am now crying "woe is me." Instead, I have basically a blank Windows 7 and nothing is there. I can't connect to the internet, because it is telling me that I don't have the necessary hardware (I know I do, but still).

A basic summary would be this: I have no idea what to do after properly installing Windows 7. I want to get it as close back to normal as I can, but I don't know how to start. Please help

You should, after loading 7, install all device drivers and windows updates, first and foremost. I think KSoD can add onto this.

Mindover Master,

Thanks for the help, but can you help me out a little bit more. Part of the problem is that I cannot get on the internet. It doesn't even recognize that I have wireless. It says there is no device when I try to add one.

Also, where should I go to get all these drivers and stuff?

Thanks

We need more information than the Samsung QX411, there should be some trailing characters after that. It will tell us exactly the model type.

You can download the drivers from their site, put them on a USB Flash drive and switch it over.

Agreed, download and install your system drivers, MSE (Microsoft Security Essentials), then fully update your OS manually, then install your regular applications/software that you would normally use.

Look on your pc for a sticker that will list a very specific model number of the computer, and use that model to find the particular drivers for your PC.

as sugested above, look into your stickers under laptop and go here in a different computer
Samsung

download the wifi network adaptor and install it in the samsung.

as a alternative, chances are your network cable will be working so plug it directly to the router and run windows update, chances are you will have most drivers under windows 7 updates in optional part. try that first if you can as thats simple and quick

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom