unable to install SP2 on WinXP Pro

Status
Not open for further replies.
Xula said:
A side/related question...do you recommend SP2? (Anyone). I downlaoded it (dial-up, the admin patch ~250MB I believe?) Anyhow, from what I've heard of it...I've been hesitating on installing it...should I? :p My computer has so many problems...I wonder if it'll help or kill it!

Xula...sp2is definately the way to go...whenever i want to set up a clients system so that i won't have to come back anytime soon...i backup data (only the essential stuff they can't live without), wipe the drive, reinstall, update...update...update, install sp2...update...update...update, make sure virus and spyware tools are installed and running properly...and set their homepage to something safe..i.e. google. When you build the system solid from the ground up and keep it updated it's far superior.

later Xula!

Yeah, I like to keep up-to-date on everything...that's why I still use Windows. I like Linux much better, but they release 100+MB updates weekly if not more often...and for someone who has dial-up, that's not a feisable option :) With windows, I had it updated constantly until now, this huge update...I only have 70GB of data (I would like to back it all up...-windows, heh!)...but that takes WAY too long. I have a DVD-RW, but it takes...1/2 hour per disc which is only 4.7GB. I know, I know...if I spent half the time doing it I did complaining, it might be done now--but it's much easier to complain!

Wood1e, can you reformat? That almost always solves all problems for me (haha!)...then again, those usually came from Win98 :) and I took the lazy/easy way out. But my bets, they didn't give you a back up CD, eh? Same with a laptop a friend bought...

anyhow!
-X

if your PC is having problems, it is a good idea to first get any spyware/viruses out of your PC before installing SP2, you have a chance of not being able to boot if it fails.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom