P8P67 No video / boot

Status
Not open for further replies.
Also, just remembered...I once had symptoms like yours long ago...the board would reboot around after 5s after power up with no video, I had a embarrassing n00b moment and connected the power and reset button connectors wrong on my board, didn't damage the board just made it act like yous. Also thought it was graphics card BTW.

Never over underestimate the power of dumb.

Also, just remembered...I once had symptoms like yours long ago...the board would reboot around after 5s after power up with no video, I had a embarrassing n00b moment and connected the power and reset button connectors wrong on my board, didn't damage the board just made it act like yous. Also thought it was graphics card BTW.

Never over underestimate the power of dumb.

hehe, good call on that, also sometimes that will happen on other systems when messing around with led wires.
But yeah carvals, give that one last attempt today and hit us up later with what you have.

nice try... ;-(
When I saw you post I jumped on my gear thinking **** yes that makes sense!!!! I completly agree never under estimate dumb.
Unfortunatly the wires are ok but actually you gave me motivation to take everything out put that on a wood table and rewire the entire stuff. Nothing is damaged as the mobo is running.
I will do that tonight and give you the heads up.

Please list all of your system specifications. Do you have the P8P67 or just one of the many versions of the P8P67? What memory are you using and what is the speed and latencies? What power supply are you using? etc...

When you power the system up is the DRAM LED lit up? Have you read the section in your manual about the MemOK switch? I have the P8P67 Deluxe so my manual is slightly different than yours, but if you have the P8P67 I downloaded its manual and the section on the MemOK switch is located on page 2-16. The MemOK switch and DRAM LED are located next to each other, on the P8P67 they will be located at the top right hand corner of the mobo. On my mobo, the Deluxe model, they are located a few inches lower, so depending upon your exact mobo I can't tell you exactly where to look.

However the MemOK function works the same regardless of the P8P67 version. If the DRAM LED is lit then your having a memory problem. This problem may be a compatibility problem, defective memory problem or an installation problem. The most common problem is with the installation of the memory modules. I hate these Asus memory slots and the use of a single locking clip. You have to make sure the memory is fully inserted into the slot at the end without a locking clip.

If your positive the memory is installed correctly and the DRAM LED is lit then press and hold the MemOK switch until the DRAM LED starts flashing. The bios will then try various failsafe memory settings in an attempt to find compatibility. If after the process completes the DRAM LED is still lit then I would check the memory installation again. After exhausting all of your options, if the DRAM LED is still lit then you should try your memory in a different compatible pc or try some different memory in your pc.

To be honest my computer acted just like this immediately after I killed my original i7 2600K by over volting it. But a crappy power supply could cause similar issues as well as a overheating cpu.

Hello

@Slaymate. I have no Ram issue, the mem OK led id OFF.

this is my spec. I raise a query on asus support

Product Information]
*Product Type : Motherboard
*Product Model : P8P67 LE B3 Revision
*Product S/N :

[Motherboard Specification]
*Motherboard Revision : B3
[VGA Card Specification]
*VGA Card Vendor : ATI
*VGA Card Model : ATI Radon 5670
*VGA Card Chipset : ATI
*VGA Card Driver : ATI