PC won't turn on!!!!!! help

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zildjian

Solid State Member
Hi all, firstly im new to computing, I brought a new case and my brother put everything in it ok. We then turned it on, and it seemed fine, untill i tryed to play my Call Of Duty Multiplayer game and my PC just turned itself off.. It did however manage to turn back on, I then tryed playing it again, same thing happened, but this time the PC wouldnt turn back on! My brother then relised he used 1 power cable to connect my hard drive and graphics and light. He even changed the Power case and cables, but its still dead! there is lights inside the PC that are working.

Any ideas what the problem is? Please help!

P.S) When moving the CPU from my old PC into my new case, my brother accidently bent one of the pins, he managed to bend it back, but could this be the problem?
:beard:

I don't think the bent pin would be the problem, if it was, it wouldn't start up at all
there are 2 possible causes I can think of to why it is shutting down:
1. the power supply is not putting out enough power for the system
2. one of the parts is overheating, and the system is shutting itself down to prevent damage

Well.... the PC doesn't start up at all now. It just wont turn on. There is a green light inside the case that is on. But it just wont start up!! :(

Also. This power light is flashing on and off when the power is on, but it still doesnt turn on.

Seems like a fried Motherboard. I'm also tempted to say a bad power supply, but since he changed it, all that is left is the fact that you cooked your motherboard.

silence782 said:
Seems like a fried Motherboard. I'm also tempted to say a bad power supply, but since he changed it, all that is left is the fact that you cooked your motherboard.

Oh dear... :(

But there is still a light working on my motherboard..

the new power supply that your brother put in was it like brand new out of the box or an old junker that was lying around?

I just went to PC World, and they said they think its a blown motherboard too. Does it matter which Pentium motherboard i get? My motherboard at the moment (the one thats blown) is a Intel Pentium.

apokalipse said:
I don't think the bent pin would be the problem, if it was, it wouldn't start up at all

Is this true? Because i just went to PC world and they said if the CPU was damaged the PC would still start up.

So basicaly is could be the motherboard or the CPU?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom