don't know what's the problem at ! Help me out :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

dominopj

Beta member
I have a strange problem that i can't figured out :/ here's me specification on my PC

Gigabyte ge-p610a-c2 power supply 720 W
Intel core 2 duo e8400 3.0 Ghz
Gigabyte EP35- DS3L motherboard
6 Gbs of Ram 667 Mhz
x2 seagate 500 Gbs Sata 2
Readon HD 6950
AOC 2440 24" 20,000,000:1 LED moniter

and here is my problem !

1. Some time when i boot up my PC it doesn't read my system hard disk ( Local C: ) and it said " SYSTEM FAILED TO BOOT UP : PLEASE INSERT DISK AND ..... " can't remember and how i resolved the problem was to unplug sata cable and plug it again in different wholes or same wholes as random.

2. Some time when i boot seems like PC is working fine but the moniter doesn't boot up or connect ( Yellow Color on Power led ) and to resolved it i just simply press restart button to fix some time once some times twice to fix this problem.

3.PC running slow : now lately my PC respond slow some time very slow it went everything frozen at the time.Often i get messege says " Window not responding " and also IE take some time to respond after clicked the program.can't figured out what's the problem :/

PS* last thing i wanted to ask is here's on my motherboard at the front panel system , i plugged everything correctly except 1 thing that I wasn't sure about is " + MSG - " what is it ? i'm plugging it now with HDD LED 2 from PC. I'm i doing wrong ? what's suppost to plug on " MSG " or should i just leave it unplug ?

Please help out , and thanks forward for the helpers :/ hope u guys understand my thread and sorry for my english :/

Sounds like your OS HDD is failing. Run diagnostics on it using Seatools.

Could also be your PSU not giving it enough power. I would look at replacing that Gigabyte PSU. It is probably just rebranded. BTW, you don't need a 750W, 600W would be plenty.

- "x2 seagate 500 Gbs Sata 2" I am assuming the 'x2' refers to two (2) hard drives. As MindOver suggested, a faulty hard drive could be the cause of your problems [1-3]. Try Seatools and let us know about your results. Your PC performance issue may also be resulting from a virus or malware of sorts. Do you currently have any sort of protection? [GA-EP35-DS3L Manual] If you refer to page 25 of the manual, you will see a wiring diagram for your front panel connectors. This should show you exactly which slow your 'MSG' wire should be hooked into. Pay careful attention to ensure the wires are on the correct positions. Reversing or mixing up the connections could lead to problems.
- Rube​

I decided to format my hard drives and re-install windows 7 ( 64 bits ) so far my PC working just fine ! but I don't know if the problem will start again later after i install programs and windows updates :/
Btw here is my results from Seatools.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

unfortunately the problem has started again !!! when i run some program that take much CPU's usage example : Battle Field 3 , or other online games or just simply PC games it slow to respond , some times everything turn into freeze can't even refresh desktop ! :/ and when i try to shut down the windows it's take always like 10-60 mins each time. befor only 5-10 secs.This is absolutely strange ! might that be becos of my PSU doesn't give enough watt into my hard drives ? i'm using 720w one but aside the PSU box itself its says 610 w only !! .. btw where can i find hdd diagnostic to check if my HDD is working fine ? please help out and thanks for all helpers

best regards.

This post will be quick and short, I accidentally closed the tab I just spent about 15 minutes typing up for you. So here is the simplified version.
  • Sorry for the delayed response, I have been quite busy at work with the holiday season, so here is my best attempt:
  • To run SeaTools, which is the diagnostic program for your hard drives, here is a tutorial. - SeaTools Tutorial - It seems you got it started, you can see where your results display your drive information and firmware version.
  • To run a RAM diagnostic test, I recommend Memtest86, here is a link for a tutorial. - Memtest86 Tutorial -
  • If nothing unusual turns up from the previous two tests, I would run a System Benchmarks, basically a diagnostic for system performance. Google turned up a free one called NovaBench.
  • As far as your power supply issue, while it may be labeled at 720W, the actual rating is only 610W. Which according to a wattage usage calculator, I estimate your system only requires approx. 400W. You can get a more accurate rating by filling out the forms at this website: - Thermaltake Power Supply Calculator -
  • Finally, you may want to check your event logs, there may be some additional information which can help us. While I do not believe any sensitive information is contained within these, if you feel more comfortable, you can save the log file, upload it via a free file sharing site, and send the link to either me, or a more reputable member on the forums who is willing to help via Private Message. A tutorial for accessing these log files can be found - Here -
I will send you a private message, so hopefully you will get a notification in your email that a reply has been posted to your topic. I do apologize if I forgot to address any additional problems you have mentioned, as I stated, I came up with this in a bit of a hurry. Hope to hear back.
- Rube​
**Edit, disregard the private message, apparently I do not have the privileges yet.**

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom