Gigabyte Motherboard Constantly Rebooting

Status
Not open for further replies.

Atropos89

Solid State Member
So I've got a Gigabyte GA-P45T-ES3G motherboard, Q6600 Processor, and other misc hardware. Starting yesterday, when I turn on the computer, the fans and LEDs light up, it runs for about 3 seconds (nothing shows on screen) and then turns off. After a second or so, it turns on, and starts the cycle again. As far as I can tell, it will do this forever. I've pulled everything out, including RAM, HDD, GPU, and all other drives. The only things hooked to the motherboard are the power supply and the processor. It does the same thing when I turn it on. Because of this, I'm guessing that is is not even POSTing. I've swapped the power supply, but no go. I have also reset the BIOS, but like I expected, it didn't do anything. I've looked online, but only found mention of this as a temporary problem. Anyone have any ideas? Thanks!

Here's the Newegg page for more info: Newegg.com - GIGABYTE GA-P45T-ES3G LGA 775 Intel P45 ATX Intel Motherboard

Can you please tell us how much ram you have total and what brand of components you have ?
If you have 1gb of ram move it to the second slot and make sure your "led" wires for your case are hooked up correctly.

I have removed all RAM at the moment. Everything else (except processor) is unplugged. I have unplugged all wires to the case front panel except the power switch.

Intel Q6600
Gigabyte GA-P45T-ES3G
ATI X1600 Series
16Gb Corsair XMS3

Ok, I looked at your system specs you posted up here for me, 16gb it's abit too much to start off with.
That maybe the reason why your pc has consistant rebootings every 3 to 5 seconds.
If you will please use one stick of DDR3 2gb ram or 1gb and use slot 2 or 4.
Once you have it installed make sure it is connected properly and snug.

Look at your manuel and hook up your led wires accordingly and try it again.
Make sure to have plenty of light and maybe a magnifiying glass to see the little print on the mobo.

http://download.gigabyte.us/FileList/Memory/mb_memory_ga-p45t-es3g.pdf
Give that a quick glance and see which memory would suit you best.

I should have mentioned it was working earlier. I tried using only one stick. I made sure it was seated correctly. Even with no ram installed, it doesn't even beep. All of my case status lights are hooked up correctly or disconnected.

Alright,lay down your computer flat, please take a paper clip or 2 and straighten them out so they are long.
Look for your cmos jumpers it will look like a little black prong, remove it.
Next while having your ram in place the paper clips on the 2 pins and hold it there steadily.
Turn on your pc, also if your computer stays on for while the wiring is there, try to get someone to go into your bios and put the mobo on default settings.
Once done save your profile and let it boot, hold down the power button for 5 10 seconds until off.

I would look in your bios again and see if anything is pushing your cpu too hard or your ram settings are abit too much.
Finally check your cpu heatsink and make sure it is not loose, if you have not changed the grease on it for 6 months give it some new paste.

Let me know what happens, if I dont reply back here soon someone else will pickup from where we left off.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom