900-1000$ Gaming PC Build (advice, thoughts)

Status
Not open for further replies.

KcThrows

Beta member
Hey everyone, first post here. Was lurking for a while and decided to get some advice on a build I plan on buying this week / next (purchased most of it already and it's shipping now)

The goal was to get the best gaming PC for under 1000$ (not including mouse, keyboard, monitor, speakers)

These are what I purchased already....

37$ for 8gig - [h=1]Corsair Vengeance 8 GB ( 2 x 4 GB ) DDR3 1600 MHz (PC3 12800) 240-Pin DDR3 Memory Kit for Intel Core i3, i5, i7 and AMD Platforms SDRAM CMZ8GX3M2A1600C9 (about to get another 8gig for 15$!)[/h]
95$ (w/ rebate) -
1 x XFX Core Edition PRO850W (P1-850S-NLB9) 850W ATX12V / EPS12V SLI Certified CrossFire Ready 80 PLUS BRONZE Certified Active PFC Power Supply

180$ =
Corsair Force 3 CSSD-F120GB3-BK 120 GB Internal Solid State Drive - 2.5" - SATA/600

Both for 219$ =
Intel Core i5 2500K Quad Core Unlocked Processor LGA1155 3.3GHZ and
Coolit Systems Eco CPU Water Cooling System AUTO-REGULATED & Maintenance Free LGA1366/1156/1155/AM3

220$ =
MSI GeForce GTX 560 Ti Twin Frozr II OC 880MHZ 1GB GDDR5 Dual DVI Mini-HDMI DX11 PCI-E Video Card PLUS Batman: Arkam City (promotion)

I already own a 500gig Western Digital Caviar Blue HD I plan to use, and I also have a DVD / CD player-writer. Originally I was going to get a Blu Ray, but I'll hold off.

Only things I didn't purchase yet was a Case, and Motherboard. I'm looking at these though....maybe the prices will drop soon! Either way I'm hovering around 950$ right now.

GIGABYTE GA-Z68X-UD3H-B3 Intel Z68 Motherboard
[url]http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=353599&sku=G452-0144

[/URL]
[h=1]Thermaltake Armor A60 Gaming Mid-Tower Chassis with Cable Management Water Cooling SSD Support and Tool-Less Installation VM20001W2Z (Black)[/h]Amazon.com: Thermaltake Armor A60 Gaming Mid-Tower Chassis with Cable Management Water Cooling SSD Support and Tool-Less Installation VM20001W2Z (Black): Electronics

I'm open to suggestions! Even though I purchased everything other than the case and motherboard the return polices would (possibly) allow me to take other considerations!

Let me know what you guys think :) Looking for a dual monitor set up by the way! So if anyone has some suggestions on what to buy for a great price, thanks! Planning on hooking my TV and consoles up to it as well.

So far so good actually.. To me cases are individual, buy what you like looking at.

I don't know enough bout mobos to comment on that one, but its not a bad one imo.

Welcome to TF

Thanks for the welcome :)

I was shown a few cheap cases but I just thought they were too ugly for the price. I did miss out on a nice 35$ deal.

Antec Three Hundred ATX Mid Tower Computer Case $35 + Free Shipping - Amazon.com Deals, Coupons and Promos

It's not really great looking but you get what you pay for...35$ I would have done! Now..not so much haha.

Currently in the process of learning what makes a compatible case as well. Can't say I know what to get. Checking out refurbished cases though, maybe I'll find a steal!

Seems a friend found it..

Antec - Three Hundred Computer Case - 15300

Not sure if I want to do it still! Good deal....(back ordered, but what's the rush?)

I had an antec 300 case, not bad for the price but i would recommend spending at least 70-80 dollars and getting something nicer and bigger. Cooling is not very good, and it is a squeeze getting gpu(s) inside.

Dremel tool? Never heard of that but I watched some videos! Interesting stuff! I think my father might actually own one though, thinking about it now. So it's certainly something to consider for the future. (While I'm not going for looks over full performance, it's something free!)

Someone gave me a heads up of a possible deal on the Antec Three Hundred Illusion possibly going on sale soon for 50$ vs the 70$ it's at now.

Although, size wise that's just the same as the Antec 300 Black Steel no? Either way, I'll be keeping a look out for the week! I signed up for basically every email alert and bookmarked the pages of multiple cases :p I'm kind of stressing I need to make sure I have the proper case if I plan on overclocking. I purchased the extra cooler anyway.

(if I didn't mention purchases two 22' Samsung monitors! LCD (LED) 2ms response, 1920x1080) They have HDMI slots too, so shouldn't have a problem hooking up my TV, and consoles when I'm not gaming and surfing) Next interest is a TV Tuner! (when I learn what it actually is and how to use it :) )

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom