PC Build Advice

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aaron_B

Baseband Member
This will actually be the second custom PC I will have built. The last one I built, was for a friend so I really just looked at prices and it was a medium gaming build, nothing special. (The thing kicks *** so he says)

I was hoping if I post some various items I am looking at, you guys can give me advice. I am really not looking for an expensive build. I already have a 2TB WD HDD (SSD is faster I know, but this is fine for now). I also have 8GB Ram (2x 4gb sticks) of DDR3.

Games I am playing = Everquest, Black Ops, League of Legends, Rift. Might start playing newer games if my Vid Card can handle it. lol

Case - RAIDMAX Altas ATX-295WB Black Steel / Plastic ATX Mid Tower Computer Case
MB - MSI H61M-E33 (B3) LGA 1155 Intel H61 HDMI Micro ATX Intel Motherboard
HDD - 2TB WD (already have)
RAM - 8gb of DDR3 (I'll edit with the link later tonight)
PC - I don't know which to choose AMD/Intel.
PS - Please reccomend
Vid Card - SAPPHIRE 100338L Radeon HD 6770 1GB 128-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 2.1 x16 HDCP Ready CrossFireX Support Video Card
Disc Drive - ASUS 24X DVD Burner - Bulk 24X DVD+R 8X DVD+RW 12X DVD+R DL 24X DVD-R 6X DVD-RW 16X DVD-ROM 48X CD-R 32X CD-RW 48X CD-ROM Black SATA Model DRW-24B1ST/BLK/B/AS - OEM

Anything you can give me will help at this point. I don't know a ton about hardware spec wise, still learning that. Thanks everyone!

Already having a hard drive is great for you since prices are still extremely high on them.

I think your best bet is going to be posting up your budget and letting members post build suggestions in your price range.

Budget is around $500-750ish. Not really looking to knock other PC's out here. Just want to play my games at nice quality.

Thank you for the response! That's actually not bad at all price wise. What of waiting till Black Friday, last year I think new egg had huge sales and free shipping on all orders over $50? Also a friend mentioned buying the parts on Amazon, what's your thoughts on that?

I feel so dumb asking these questions, I am a tech and haven't a clue on this stuff..

And as for the Operating System, I may run Linux w/ Wine for a month of paychecks then get 7. Also going to sell a few other PC's I have around the house that this will be replacing so I'm not to concerned about that.

Can't see any downside to waiting for Black Friday, or Cyber Monday to see if you can get a deal.
If you can find parts cheaper on Amazon go for it. Personally prefer Newegg just cause its easier to shop, usually cheapest, and sometimes you can find great combo deals and promo codes/shell shocker deals on components you want.

Okay you seem to have the same thought pattern as me on that. I prefer new egg too but as I never buy parts and he does I said eh, worth a shot to ask.

Thanks again, I will keep this updated on what I get, case your interested.

Ended up ordering everything you suggested Roark. The i5 was actually sold out (go figure), so I am waiting till probably tonight when I get home to order it. Thank you for your help again! Was $500ish without the i5. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom