Not open for further replies.

carvals

Solid State Member
Hello,
I have a new pc
I5 2500K
P8P87
ATI 5670
The pc worked few hours, and then after a reboot no video at all.
I touched the boot order but nothing bad (usb before hard drive) and removed ram (to install snow kity)
I tried to reset the cmos by moving jumper and taking away the battery.
I tried without anything and I heard the beeps (No RAM detected) installed the RAM and then nothing.
After reset operation, The pc starts 5s then stop and restart automatically, everything seems running fine (fans and led ok) but no video and clearly it doesn't boot. No beep
I checked of course video cable and screen. But I don't have another graphic card to test anyway after few hours it doesn't make any sense.
Please help!!!
Thanks

Oh yes forgot I did that too..... put one 4G in slot A2 as they indicate in the manual.
I also left the board 1h without battery and with the jumper in reset position ... no luck
thanks for your help

Sounds to me like your video card took a dump on you...hope it's still under warranty... Good luck!

Find a way to test that video card in another system and see if it works out.
Get your mobo looked at a professional or someone who is highly tech knowlegable.
May I ask if your keyboard lights up during inital cold boot start ?
I couldn't find out if you have onboard gpu meaning vga or dvi connection, but if you give that a shot and see if bios login screen shows up it might be a shot of getting your gpu to be recognized by changing a setting in bios.
If it doesn't, you need to call asus on monday morning at 9am pst and have them rma your board before thanks giving comes.

I couldn't find out if you have onboard gpu meaning vga or dvi connection, but if you give that a shot and see if bios login screen shows up it might be a shot of getting your gpu to be recognized by changing a setting in bios.
P8P67 chipset means that if even if there is onboard, it's not available.

Agreed, just pointing out so the OP doesn't go looking for something that I can already tell them isn't there.

Btw, not quite sure why you linked me to a review of it.

Agreed, just pointing out so the OP doesn't go looking for something that I can already tell them isn't there.

Btw, not quite sure why you linked me to a review of it.

I wanted you to look at the specification below and him too so he can have a good understanding of whats on it and what solutions we can come up with.
The only thing I am not going to like if he has a doa board, meaning it could take awhile for asus to make tracks and do something with the repair rma during the next seven days.

Rma repair time and holiday seasons don't mix well, especially related to big hardware components you need right away.

@Yami you are right about the integrated vga P67 doen't have one, different from H or Z architecture.

Thanks guys for your help I agree on the next step I defently need to test this graphic card on another mobo. Up to now I was playing with old junk from guys who didn't want it making some decent machine then I don't have a spare GPU I will ask guys from IT in my company and of course call asus tomorrow.
I found other threads on the net talking about the same issue without clear answer. I will post my further investigation and if it is a crap from asus I will kick some *** well by phone it won't make a difference but I am seriously annoyed at the end it brand new equipment!!!

If someone has a brillant idea feel free I can't believe we can't fix it.

@Mike
Yes the keyboard lights up at start but after nothing

I don't see my other reply...
well yes I need to test the GPU i will let you know on monday. I am sick of reading the asus manual and tried everything I will call them but sometimes helpdesk apply only the manual...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom