Need help connecting Mp3 player to PC.

Status
Not open for further replies.

RedKr0wz

Solid State Member
Got a question.

Recently I bought a MP3 player at a dirt cheap bargain...only problem is it needs a mini USB cable which I cannot find anywhere. I did manage to find a similar cable which slightly modified does fit into the player's port, but when I plug it into PC the devices do not detect each other...my question.

How do I figure out which pin of the device's USB goes to which pin of the USB port on PC so I can modify this cable to work with the player. Can it be done with a multimeter or will I need something more complex like an scope?

thank you in advance,

No that's not it.

from the info I've learned it's a mini USB cable V1.1.

And the model is Mpio FL100.
24323-mpio_fl100.jpg

USB 1.1 is just the classification, as USB 2.0 and USB 3. You most likely just need a normal mini-USB cable a I posted.

No sir, it's not a standard mini USB cable, I've looked around many electronics stores and no one has anything like it other than the one I had to slightly modify to make it fit...still the wiring is incompatible...that or the USB port is damaged.

Then you bought a piece of crap. :p

If it uses propietary parts, it is totally not worth the hassle. The least you can do is use a SD card in it.

Thanks for the support!! 5 bucks ain't that bad...Can always still use it for FM receiver and voice recorder if all else fails.
I'll figure it out eventually, it's just 4 **** wires! Just want to go carefully about it and not fry the player or my PC. Unless mentioned before it's already damaged.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom