How much to charge?

Status
Not open for further replies.

haxx0rzz

Beta member
Hi all! This is my first build on Tech-Forums! :D

So, I have a question. Lets say somebody was giving me 900 bucks to build them a computer, then the total comes out to be around 750.. Would they want the rest of the money back, or would I just keep it, or should I add even more stuff to the PC? He is getting Win 7 Ultimate and MS Office Suite. I already plan to take a little for my labor, but I don't want to be taking 250 from him.. Did I mention he was a priest? Anyways, any replies are greatly appreciated.

Specs for this build:
Mobo: Biostar A870U3
RAM: 4GB DDR3 @ 1333 (Corsair XMS)
HDD: Seagate Barracuda 1TB 7200RPM 6.0GB/S
Processor: AMD Phenom II X4 830 Deneb 2.8GHz Quad-Core
PSU: Antec NEO ECO 400W (80Plus)
GCard: Radeon HD 5450 (He doesn't plan on doing any gaming anyway.)
Case: Apevia X-Jupiter S-Type ATX Full Tower

Thats all for now.

Seeya,
haxx0rzz

i think avarice is frowned upon in the church.

is there something else that he would need? otherwise, id say $50, if you were to take anything at all. return the remainder.

if he's not doing gaming, maybe integrated graphics could work and he could save some more money. if the computer wont be used for anything but office and solitaire, you might as well just buy a computer in a box.

no DVD read/write drive?

edit: perhaps he still has some floppy disks and may need drive for that as well?

What was your agreement with him? Did he agree to pay you for your time or does he believe you are donating your labor?

If it wasn't discussed ahead of time you need to discuss it with him now. Ask if the $900 is the budget for the computer including your labor or is your labor separate?

I think it may be wise to sit down with him and find out what his needs are and if he is willing to pay for labor. Sounds like those terms were never established. So if you are thinking in a business sense, that would be the first thing that I would do.

Keep the rest and class it as gods gift to you :lol:

Edit: If he/she is a close friend then take $50 - $100 for yourself and hand him/her the rest, everyone wins :big_grin:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom