Any advice on how to connect to my remote USB Hub?

Status
Not open for further replies.

define

Beta member
Howdy, in an effort to connect my PC in my office to my TV in my living room I'm trying to wire in a USB hub that will have my wireless keyboard receiver and webcam. The PC and TV are about 30 feet apart in the wiring space and I'm trying to figure out the best way to connect them: active USB extenders, USB to ethernet, wireless hub? I'd use the active extenders, which seem like the easiest solution, but the female end on those extenders are pretty large (it would have to fit through a 1" diameter hole in a wall baseplate), and because of where things are in the wire chase I'd have a lot of trouble stringing the male end up to where it needs to be (if I could go down through the baseplate it would be do-able since I can use a hook to grab on and pull it through a duct, but going the other way will be nigh on impossible). Also, even if I could get the wire run between the two rooms, I haven't found USB wall plates that would necessarily work...or maybe that's not a problem...are USBs one-way only? Ugg...anyway, any help would be appreciated.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom