Operating System

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: video driver

There is no guarantee that switching a video card will resolve your issues. It could still happen cause it isnt the video driver that is causing the issue so switching cards might still get you this issue. It could be the video drivers themselves that are the issue and installing a new card that use the same drivers will cause the same issue. It could be another piece of software installed that is causing the issue.

Bug Check 0x116: VIDEO_TDR_ERROR

[h=3]Important Information If You Have Received a STOP Code[/h]If you have received a blue screen error, or stop code, the computer has shut down abruptly to protect itself from data loss. A hardware device, its driver, or related software might have caused this error. If your copy of Windows came with your computer, call the manufacturer of your computer. If you purchased Windows separately from your computer, Microsoft provides support. To find contact information for Microsoft or your computer manufacturer, Contact Support.
If you have experience with computers and want to try to recover from this error, follow the steps provided in the Microsoft article Resolving STOP (Blue Screen) Errors in Windows.
The following actions might prevent an error like this from happening again:
  1. Download and install updates and device drivers for your computer from Windows Update.
  2. Scan your computer for computer viruses.
  3. Check your hard disk for errors.

No where in here do I see it stated that it is related directly to your video card or its drivers. That is the information directly from Microsoft.

Do you have an Nvidia card? Try this, it might help.

Go to the Nvidia Control Panel.
Under the 3D Settings go to Manage 3D settings.
Scroll down to Power Management Mode.
Select "Prefer Maximum Performance".

Awesome thanks guys I really appreciate.

****Okay guys as i said i really appreciate all the help and just wanted to update you all in saying that i came across a setting in World Of Warcraft
in which you an use Direct X9 or a different API and well before i updated my vid card there was only Direct X9 and now there is direct X 11. So i was completely shocked upon finding this and i changed the API in game. I think that this would of been my problem by chance. Please if anyone knows if that would changed anything please let me know so i can try to stop finding a solution to the previous problem.

Thanks everyone.

Awesome thanks guys I really appreciate.

****Okay guys as i said i really appreciate all the help and just wanted to update you all in saying that i came across a setting in World Of Warcraft
in which you an use Direct X9 or a different API and well before i updated my vid card there was only Direct X9 and now there is direct X 11. So i was completely shocked upon finding this and i changed the API in game. I think that this would of been my problem by chance. Please if anyone knows if that would changed anything please let me know so i can try to stop finding a solution to the previous problem.

Thanks everyone.

I haven't had any real problems since i had changed this setting. Could that have been the problem the whole time?

i have been waiting for a minidump file to pop up and haven't got one since i last restored and switch to the directx 11 but i will as soon as i get another one

Video Card issue

I have a quick question:

If my Video Card is overheating would it cause a BSOD x116 stop error?

If it did overheat could it cause a driver error such as x116?

I have ran HW Monitor and it was pretty high at almost 95 if i remember correctly.

Also to add i have a Nvidia GT 220 Vid Card and i have loaded up a couple of other games
and have played them for hours and never once BSOD'ed but only time is BSOD's is when i start
playing World Of Warcraft and it will run for about 3-5 hours before it bsod's on me.

Any suggestions or answers are greatly appreciated.

Thanks everyone for Once again assisting me.

have a great day everyone.

Re: Video Card issue

If it is 95C, you are way too hot. Try to dust your computer out. Is 95C on idle, or when you play WoW?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom