Only 3 out of 4 cores are working

Status
Not open for further replies.
Check your bios. You might have some how disabled it.

Like paton said, also open up task manager and hit the tab that says performance, please note to us how many core statistcs slots you see ?

You should have 4 going if you only see three check into the bios section and look at your cpu settings.

Ok so I went into Task Manager > Performance and there is only 3 cores showing. What do I do in BIOS to turn the other on?

Ok so I went into Task Manager > Performance and there is only 3 cores showing. What do I do in BIOS to turn the other on?

If you don't have any overclocks set, or you havent modified any settings, reverting to default would be the easiest way to reenable the core. If default settings don't work and all cores are enabled, then you may have gotten a faulty CPU and I would return it.

I apologize for the horrible reply times...have been a little busy in RL. Anyway...I use a program called "Turbo V EVO" which came as a part of my motherboard. It makes it very simple to OC the CPU and adjust voltages. I didn't even think to look in there (idk why). Normally it shows all 4 cores and lets me adjust the level that I want them at. Well I went in there and only 3 were showing like all my other programs said. I went into BIOS and noticed that the 3rd core was turned off. All I did was turn it back on and now I have 4 cores again. My CPU runs at 3.4Ghz normally but I have been OC'n it at 4.1Ghz for the past couple weeks and have never had an issue other than this recent core problem. Could me OC'n the CPU have anything to do with the 3rd core going off? Because I never switched it to off.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom