Can this desktop handle most MMOs with all medium-high settings?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Darragh

Baseband Member
Im getting a computer desktop because I want to get tar wars the old republic MMO and world of warcraft..Ill be getting other ones too... is this desktop able to run them on high or atleast all medium?
Specifications Product Description
HP Pavilion p6715nl - Athlon II X4 640 3 GHz

Form Factor
Tower

Manufacturer Warranty
2 years warranty

Dimensions (WxDxH)
17.5 cm x 41.4 cm x 38.7 cm

Weight
9.6 kg

Processor
1 x AMD Athlon II X4 640 / 3 GHz ( Quad-Core )

Hard Drive
1 x 1.5 TB - standard - Serial ATA-300

Networking
Network adapter - Ethernet, Fast Ethernet

RAM
4 GB (installed) / 8 GB (max) - DDR3 SDRAM

Storage Controller
Serial ATA ( Serial ATA-300 )

Graphics Controller
AMD Radeon HD 6570

Audio Output
Sound card - 7.1 channel surround

Type
Personal computer

Cache Memory
2 MB L2 Cache

Optical Storage
DVD±RW (±R DL) / DVD-RAM with LightScribe Technology

Monitor
None.

OS Provided
Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit Edition

Cache Per Processor
2 MB

Card Reader
15 in 1

Video Memory
2 GB

Please do not make multiple topics around the site for the same question. There was 3 such threads I found for the same exact reason. Keep it to 1 topic in 1 forum so you can get the best possible answer to your question.

Can a Radeon 6570 Graphics card run World of warcraft with all high settings?

Im getting a computer with that graphics card..Im not looking to run demanding games just MMOs smooth and high.

I'm new to this forum, but I have decided to build my 1st computer and I'm trying to learn as much as possible so I do it right.

That being said, I too am planning on playing Star Wars The Old Republic and already have World of Warcraft, so doing some research as to which components I'll need, I came across this thread in the SWTOR forums. It's a very informative read and I would highly recommend it.

The video card you listed according to the thread would allow you to play SWTOR, but only at medium setting (for a decent Frame Per Second)

*Ultimate* Desktop PC Performance Guide

Hope this helps:sweat:

MMOs can be quite demanding games at times, particularly in busy places like quest hubs (towns) where there are lots of players.

Which of these desktops is better for online gaming?

Computer 1: 2nd Generation Intel Core i5 2320 - 3GHz , NVIDIA GeForce GT530 - 1GB , 6GB DDR3

Computer 2: 1 x AMD Athlon II X4 640 / 3 GHz ( Quad-Core ) , 4 GB (installed) / 8 GB (max) - DDR3 SDRAM , AMD Radeon HD 6570

Re: Which of these desktops is better for online gaming?

Can you link the two? What model are the desktops? Need more information.

Which of these desktops should I get for mmo gaming?

Well i cant decide which of these desktops I should purchase.. I want a desktop that will run mmo's like world of warcraft, age of conan, star wars the old republic. I know graphics cards are more what gives games the performance.. but then I heard MMO'S are cpu intensive..here are the two desktops im thinking of getting for christmas, what one do u think I should get for MMO'S? The gt530 is a weaker graphics card but comes with a better cpu..here are the desktops specs: Medion P5238D - i5 2320/6GB/1TB/GT530, Processor
2nd Generation Intel Core i5 2320 - 3GHz
RAM 6GB DDR3 Storage
1TB -7200rpm
Graphics Card
NVIDIA GeForce GT530 - 1GB

Desktop 2: HP Pavilion P6715NL AthlonII 640/4GB/1.5TB/HD6570 Processor
1 x AMD Athlon II X4 640 / 3 GHz ( Quad-Core ) RAM
4 GB (installed) / 8 GB (max) - DDR3 SDRAM Graphics Controller
AMD Radeon HD 6570

Re: Which of these desktops should I get for mmo gaming?

IMHO, You can get a wider combination of parts if you build it yourself. Plus more upgrade availability.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom