about to buy my 2k build, care for a review?

Status
Not open for further replies.
You should google the article that compared all the scaling of the GPU's in 16x16, 8x8, and 4x4. They found no difference in the 16x16 vs 8x8 category, and surprising enough a small difference when running in 4x4. I'll see if I can find that article as it was an interesting read.

BTW what games are you looking at playing and at what settings? I have a 2600k with a gtx580 and I'm currently running bf3 on ultra averaging 60 fps and higher. Maybe some some dough and look at a 580 over two or three 570's? Will also save some dough on your PSU.

My biggest question is the voltage ripple between the two psus.

I am looking to max out every game now and play every game for a few years down the road on at least high lol! dont wanna upgrade for awhile, which is why I am going all out now.

I am leaning back towards the corsair, 1 newegg sold out of the seasonic, 2, I just did the power supply calculator and it recommended an 1100watt psu, sooo yeah.

I went through the calculator and figured in your system's max performance (OC'd to 5GHz) and I came up with 795 watts which is pretty close in my opinion. I would look for a PSU in the 900-1000W range so that you have some headroom.

I will be running two of the latest gpus either from nvidia or radeon. radeons 7000series is suppossed to be here in january, so two 7970s. yes major overclocking, and theres 10fans in my case, and I dont care to add up the mm on each fan buts its alot. I am also running alot of lights with 5 hard drives and 6 bay devices, fan controllers etc. basically when I did it it came just under 1000watts, so if i want some headroom ill need a 1200watt, and it doesnt hurt to be safe right?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom