How to reformat hard-drive on Compaq 8000 elite small form factor w/out CD"s

Status
Not open for further replies.

helpmeplzs

Beta member
hi so i NEED to reformat my hard drive on my compaq pc but i do not have any of the cd's.. is there a self restore thing like Dell has? any help please!

Recovery Partition, you mean? I don't know. There should be a key you press to get into restore. Maybe F11 or F12, before you get into Windows.

Why do you need to restore it?

You'd make like much easier on yourself by trying google 1st... but hey... here ya go!

Just scroll down to the part where it says: Performing system recovery during startup

System recovery in HP® Compaq 8000 Elite | Jupiter Support

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
A wise man once said: never underestimate the predictability of stupidity

um thx but ive tried googling and it didnt help. i went to that same exact page, and F10 goes into setup menu but has no place to choose a system restore. i read somewhere it was F11, and when i hit that it acts like its going into a menu, but nothing.

Well i believe thats the official support page for the computer you specified... if thats wrong, then I cant help u any further... maybe somebody upgraded ur PC? Call Compaq and pay £20 or so for a new recovery disc

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom