Buying Components for first new build!

Status
Not open for further replies.

swest1000

Solid State Member
Hey, for my 16th im getting a budget of £350-£400 for the 'tower' alone. In terms of actually building it, i have experienced friends, so thats no problem. Not a brand nazi- dont care so long as it works and is worth the £!!
This is what im thinking- i3 bundle from amazon... here

---{bundle}---
Mobo: Gigabyte GA-H61M-D2-B3
CPU: Intel i3 2100 CPU 3.1GHz
RAM: Corsair 8GB DDR3 1333MHz
HDD: 1TB SATA Hard Drive
----{bundle}---
GPU: Sapphire HD 5450 1GB -only about £30- wouldnt want to spend anymore than £50 on GPU- open to others ofc.
Fan: i think the 'bundle' comes with CPU fan- maybe just a small system fan? (Mobo can take 2 fans inc CPU fan.)
Disk Drive: ASUS 24X DVD Burner
And PSU: - I have no idea what power i need!!! :S perhaps here (CIT 450W Gold 12Cm Silent Atx Power Supply)-- there is a 550W version

I hope that CPU, Ram, GPU, Mobo combination won't bottleneck too. what do you guys think?

youll want about 550 watts of power on an antec or corsair psu.
you can save money by going with 4 gigs of ram.

what do you plan on doing with your computer?

you shouldnt have to buy any additional fans.

do you need a case or windows?

and welcome to tech forums.

i personally dont like i3's and my recent computer came from a athlon II x3 saving me a lot of money and i bought a cheap motherboard that had core unlocker funtion, was very lucky and got my 4th core unlocked and the l3 cache making it a nice phenom II x4, of course that last part is random and wont happen all the time, but over all on a budget i like to keep with AMD personally.
read reviews and explore around in differences.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom