Unique problem that I cannot figure out...

Status
Not open for further replies.

JoshSB

Geek Squad
I have an Asus 15" laptop, ASUS A53SV running Windows 7 Ultimate.

I have over 5 years of experience working and fixing laptops but I CANNOT find out why this keeps happening...

Anyways, here's the problem:

It seems to happen after about 2-3 days of the laptop being on constantly, what happens is that the computer freezes and the sound gets stuck repeating whatever note was playing when the laptop froze...

There is NO indication of anything else wrong with the PC, there is no stuttering, no lag, and no issues even when running 15 different things at once.

In order to fix this I have to do a hard reboot of the laptop.

Also, in the day before this hard freeze the laptop will often freeze for about 10-seconds and then unfreeze, if I reboot the PC it seems to 'reset' this timer of about 2-3 days...

I do the following on the laptop:

I have a data partition encrypted via True Crypt as well as the external hard drive encrypted via True Crypt. They are set to auto mount when the computer turns on, which has always worked perfectly.
I watch videos off the external hard drive that get extended to my TV via an HDMI cable.
I use SugarSync, Evernote, and Dropbox which are set to auto sync various folders to their online storage.
I play SC2, WoW from time to time, and Lineage II via a private server.
I also use Microsoft Office from time to time.
I DL many videos/files, they are all highly upvoted and I scan each and every one prior to watching.

I have done the following trying to isolate and solve the problem:

I have scanned the OS partition numerous times prior to booting the PC, I have scanned the RAM via memtest pre-boot, I have scanned both the internal drive and external drive via Western Digital (both drives are WD). I have also performed a 10 hour stress test outside of Windows where the PC continually crunched data and ran memory/hard drive tests.

Every single test has come back working perfectly.

Future thoughts:

Reinstall the Windows partition, I don't MIND doing this but I would rather not do this if it won't solve the problem.
So far as I can tell it has to be a software problem, however, I have looked at each and every piece of software installed and there doesn't seem to be a problem... I have also double checked the PC is 100% up to date with Windows.

Anyone have any suggestions?

how is the temperature on your laptop immidiatly after you reboot it when frozen?? that could couse you some issues like your saying.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom