about to buy my 2k build, care for a review?

Status
Not open for further replies.
what do you think about the seasonic I edited in my last post? its platnum, which is suppossed to be better than gold i think

To answer your question on overclocking, its very easy. I have the z68 deluxe and all I had to do was install AI Suite and hit auto tune. It restarted my PC, then tested my comp to find a stable settings. Got it to 5ghz stable in about 2 minutes of tuning. I stopped it there as 5ghz will probably be more then I would ever need. Asus stepped up their overclocking tool considerably over the years. For PSU the corsair AX series is all gold certified. It ranges from 650-1200W. I will not build a computer without a Corsair PSU

I am having trouble between the 1000w platnum seasonic or the 1050w silver by corsair, you guys have convinced me away from the 1200w by corsair haha I will probably never use more than 3 gpus, maybe even 2. Besides the motherboard I like will only run a 8x8x4x, that pci slot with 4 lanes would decrease the performance of that gpu quite a bit right?

I think I am leaning towards the seasonic, one its more effecient which I figure if I save .08kwh a day, I will make up for the 40$ difference in under 2 years because of the 4~5% increase of effeciency in the platnum over the silver. two, because its awesome looking, platnum sounds a nice ring with me. will look great in my haf x

And I am understand that voltage ripple effects oc, which the seasonic does better than anything. -+2%! which should mean higher numbers once I get my ivybridge 3700k $) I am thinking 5ghz plus, what do you think?

I am having trouble between the 1000w platnum seasonic or the 1050w silver by corsair, you guys have convinced me away from the 1200w by corsair haha I will probably never use more than 3 gpus, maybe even 2. Besides the motherboard I like will only run a 8x8x4x, that pci slot with 4 lanes would decrease the performance of that gpu quite a bit right?

I think I am leaning towards the seasonic, one its more effecient which I figure if I save .08kwh a day, I will make up for the 40$ difference in under 2 years because of the 4~5% increase of effeciency in the platnum over the silver. two, because its awesome looking, platnum sounds a nice ring with me. will look great in my haf x

And I am understand that voltage ripple effects oc, which the seasonic does better than anything. -+2%! which should mean higher numbers once I get my ivybridge 3700k $) I am thinking 5ghz plus, what do you think?

the scaling of that third gpu in the 4x slot would be VERY noticeable....

reliably getting clean power to your processor has aLOT to do with overclocking, but what has even more to do with overclocking is the processor its self, two identical processors ( a 2500k for example ) can overclock VERY differently on the same board/computer.

take for example my AMD 965 processor in my sig rig. i couldnt for the life of me get that thing stable over 3.8ghz, where other people could get the same processor over 4.2. i even had it water cooled and couldnt get it over 3.8... so just keep that in mind

Oh wow, i would think the manufactoring proccess would weed out not so well baked cpus like that. Guess all you can do is cross your fingers or buy a cherrypicked one, like the 2700k so im told.

Likewise would you see the same decrease in performance when you put like a 6990 duel gpu card on one 8x slot?

Theres a video on youtube from linus tech tips that suggests otherwise, what do yo think?

I think im getting the seasonic btw. Anyone have any complaints about their support?

linus and i are friends, we talk pretty regularly, i know what video you are talking about. a lot of people say " oh, you have to have 16x and 16x for 2 cards or they wont scale well " not true, 8x and 8x is fine, a 4x slot will however bog down the scaling of the card. 8x and 8x is also fine for dual GPU cards.

to be honest with you, any name brand powersupply is going to be just fine. corsair, coolermaster, XFX, NZXT, OCZ and thermaltake... i m just biased towards Corsair because they have an awesome warranty and even better customer service.

There was a forum that did the 16x vs 8x vs 4x..

it was like 15fps differrence.... I can't find the article but will keep looking.

Thew biggest issue is... is the extra boost by tri sli worth like 400 plus dollars?

Honestly, 580's in SLI is more than enough already...but, I don't need 200+fps on the highest settings of every game... :/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom