about to buy my 2k build, care for a review?

Status
Not open for further replies.

gordonie

In Runtime
About to buy the rest of my first build, would love some feedback :)

case: cooler master haf x
PSU: AX1200watt corsair gold plus
Motherboard: Asus z68 deluxe gen 3, anyone with OC expereince on this board?
memory: 16g of 1600mhz gskill ripjaws, ddr3
CPU: i7 2600k, going ivy bridge later
heatsink: noctua d14
GPU: AMD 6970, I will run 3 monitors so eyefinity is a must. tricrossfire later, which justifys the 1200wattpsu
SSD: 2x120g either OCZ vertex max or kingston hyper x drives, still deciding
HD: 2x1tb wester digital caviar black 7,200 rpm drives
optical: asus blue ray burner
monitor: Asus VE258 25in LED LCD

what do you guys think? looking to really push some numbers here, any advice would be greatly appreciated

Is this primarily a gaming build or what? You don't need all that memory. 4GB is handling everything out there just fine atm. If you want to future proof, you could do 8, but this rig will be scrap before you ever need 16GB.

I will be using autocad which I am told will use all memory you can throw at it, thats why I went with 16g, and why not its only 50$ for 8g.

For the psu, I was going to get a 1000watt psu but I could not find a brand with 80plus gold that I liked. corsair had one but it was silver.

And for the electricity bill, the system will only pull what it needs and odds are I wont be pulling 1200watts 24/7, besides I am not worried about electricity.

Your system won't even be pulling 600Ws.

You can get the hx1050 for $209

Unless you like wasting $100, giver, but theres plenty of Extremely good psu's in the 900 to 1000W range

So i have the ozc 1000watt, corsair hx1050, and what about the coolermaster 1200watt for 219$?

EDIT: I found this platnum seasonic, though it doesnt have many reviews.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817151105

yeah prices do shoot up after 1000watt, except for the cm. And as far as GOLD certified, is it really going to make the electric bill cost that much less that it would pay for the extra price over a few years or so?

and for the motherboard I considred this asrock, but its not pci3.0, didnt like the bios, I like asus better anyway, not a fan of knockoffs.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813157269

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom