nVidia GeForce GTX 590 Issues

Status
Not open for further replies.

Han Solo

Solid State Member
No Visuals On Boot

Dear Internet At Large,

I've recently built a computer based on an Asus Crosshair V Formula MOBO, an AMD FX 8150 CPU, and 16 GB Corsair 1600 MHz DDR3. It has an NVIDIA Quandro 6000 graphics card in the second PCI x16 slot. I've connected everything, and all the voltage LEDs are green. Additionally, the troubleshooting LEDs are saying that there aren't any problems with the CPU, PCI slots, RAM, and that there is no boot error. However, there is no activity on my monitor when I boot it up. The BIOS setup utility should be running but for some reason it is not. What is wrong?

Re: No Visuals On Boot

Try putting your monitor on DVI setting before you boot. You should see the ROG goto bios screen. You have to have the DVI cable connected also. And after boot set it to HDMI. I have the same board.

Then it must be your BIOs. Which BIOs are you running? You need 0813 Bios.(I think, would have to check that from ASUS web site) I had to install an AMD X4 processor and update my BIOs and then install my FX-6100 processor. My board would not properly boot with the 0404 BIOs it came with for the new FX.

You know what, I'm not even getting to a BIOS menu. It could be failing POST now that I think about it. As for which version of BIOS, I'm not sure. I don't know how I would go about updating it.

The thing is, with my new board I could not just install the FX CPU and boot up and update the BIOs. The BIOs on the board would not boot it. I had to update the BIOs before the FX would boot and to do that I had to install a CPU that would boot up with the BIOs that was already on the board. So, I think you need to find another CPU that will allow you to boot up, update your BIOs, and then install your FX. I had this one that I took out of my older computer. AMD Phenom II X4 945. Now other CPUs will work, you are just going to have to find one to borrow, rent, or buy. Do you have another CPU?

Does anyone know of another way?

Actually, that's what I did. I replaced the FX 8150 with an Athalon II and was able to update my BIOS. However, the system is still unstable to the point that it won't boot to BIOS, but I think it's at least making it through POST.

I see now that ASUS has a new 0903 Bios out for the FX. Which Bios did you flash? I will have to give it a try. Unstable, could be your RAM. Run Memtest. I had one bad stick of Sniper but I had another pair that I used. That is alot of Ram you got. Try just one or two sticks at first. I used the AI Suite to flash and it worked on first try.

Also according the the Manual you can use either PCI card slot for one card.

Yeah I tried using one stick of RAM and switching it between my DIMM slots but that didn't solve the problem. I flashed the 0903 version first but it wouldn't boot with that. Then I switched to the 705 and it would sometimes make it to BIOS. However, the 0813 version made it more unstable than before. I'm wondering if my CPU might be defective.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom