freezing computer plz help

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok nvm , i reebooted and that was just a glitch it seems.

the gpu goes up to above 55 degrees C, and the burny icon comes up while i'm playing.

I think this could be the problem?

GPU max temp is usually around 80-100; before the GPU begins to be damaged from excessive heat. As long as you are not constantly in that range while playing your most intense games, you should be fine. Ideally you want your max to be <80.
It depends how much higher the temp is above 55.

I wonder what it could be then? i'll try upping my fan speed then play it and see what happens...

**EDIT**

I put my fan speed up to max but it still froze... :madd:

If you would post the screenshots that have been requested we might be able to help you.

Here's a link to posting screenshots

http://www.techist.com/forums/f128/screenshot-tutorial-239107/

Download CPU-Z v.1.58 and post a screenshot of the CPU tab, Mainboard tab, Memory tab and SPD tab (select a Slot# that is occupied).

Download HWMonitor v1.18, and post a screenshot after you've played a little but before it crashes.

What video card are you using?

Attachments

• Capture1.JPG
    Capture1.JPG
    54.6 KB · Views: 20
  • Capture2.JPG
    Capture2.JPG
    43.8 KB · Views: 20
  • Capture3.JPG
    Capture3.JPG
    41.6 KB · Views: 20
  • Capture4.JPG
    Capture4.JPG
    49.5 KB · Views: 20
We also said to post a screenshot of HWMonitor.

Your board can use 667 or 800Mhz.

You are running at 667. Double Data Rate (DDR) 333 x 2 = 666 (really 667)

While your RAM may be fine, run Memtest86+ as posted above.

see i get this too on some games,
go to a games config options and try running a game in a window, if it works then yeah thats the problem.
mixed response on it though, people say update graphics drivers, kill antivirus and firewall programs and any third party ones that may interfere.

I'm willing to bet that the 12 volt rail is pushing more voltage than is being shown in the HW monitor SS.
I posted a Thread a little while ago about my 12 volt rail being low too. As Digerati points out, it seems to be related to win 7.
Do you happen to be runing windows 7?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom