slow shutdown

Status
Not open for further replies.

adam4st

Solid State Member
hi so im new here and i really need help here
i have an alienware m 17x r3 brand new i turned off a service by accident in services and now shutdown is like 5 minutes
do you have any idea what services could cause that??

I have an alienware m17x r3
its fricking brand new and its is slow
internet on it is slow
games are lagy and i get like 25 fps
application are slow
i am thinking about getting ssd kingston hyper x 120 gb drive
do you guys know anything i could do that could help
here are my specs

I7 2720
Radeon hd 6990m
big foot killer network adapter
2.20 ghz
in turbo 3.3 ghz

maybe you have tweaks in the bios or something
thanks in advance:sad:

ok os i have an alienware M17 x R3
it is super slow
my specs are
i7 2720 2.20ghz
radeon hd 6990
big foot killer network wireless
do any of you have tweaks in the bios
or goood overlocking settings for me
maybe a link to dowload unlocked bios

thanks in advance

i have alienware M17X R3
i7 2720
HD 6990m
- gb of ram ddr3 1333
and i get lag wtf

does anyone have fix or any tweak plz
i already turned vsync off
and turned down settings but i still get big lag spikes

what service did you turn off? how did you disable it?

Upgrading it will do no good. Do not make 2 threads on the same subject.

Re: lag fix help bf3

Do you mean stuttering, low framerates, or actual lag in online games ?

Because 'lag' in online games is to do with the server and your connection to it, not your system.

Re: alienware problems

if you got that from dell, go to MSCONFIG and just take all the crap out.
i just bought myself a dell laptop and as soon as i turned it on, i had a billion dell programs going.
junk mcafee, junk their backup software which is trial anyway, junk everything you dont need and you'll be a **** of alot happier. - the dell alienwares now come with an overclocking feature in the startup menu, boost or something.

that I7 should be able to push for 3gig easy

but yeah if you can define slow...

Re: lag fix help bf3

by turning vsync off you're more prone to FPS spikes because you can go from staring at a corner where there isn't a lot of graphical processing you could see up to 100 fps, but if all of a sudden someone launches a noob tube at you and your fps drops to 25, you'll notice that drop a whole lot more than 60fps to 25fps. When it jumps around a lot you notice it more so turn on vsync, and it doesn't matter cause you probably can't see above 60 fps anyway.

and lag spikes are going to happen, you're gaming on a laptop which is a 'performance machine' in the laptop world, but in the overall scheme of performance computing, it's not a beast. You should be able to play it on medium/high settings depending on the clocks of the card. Make sure you have AA/AF at their lowest settings cause those are the huge FPS digs.

well is the hdd junk? i doubt thats the culprit but is possible... run some tests performance tests n see where its nasty... perhaps the OEM (if any) installed is very heavy?as i said in your other post, sheepkiser is absolutely correct. OEM (original equipped manufactuerer) software SUCKS and slows thigns down heavy.. HOWEVER, watch you dont remove your wireless/soudn drivers!restore mite fix it up quick if ur not interested in trying to undo it.

Re: alienware problems

I prefer to use CCleaner to stop those things from starting up. Then I use Revo Uninstaller to remove said crapware from the machine. just make sure what each program IS and DOES before you pull the trigger... and be VERY careful about the registry entries as Revo does not drill down all of them for you. Only check the entries in bold.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom