Coolermaster Hyper 212 plus question.

Status
Not open for further replies.

ingeborgdot

Daemon Poster
I am putting together a new build with a hyper 212 plus and some corsair vengeance memory that goes right beside it. The problem is that the hyper 212 extends slightly into the 1st slot of memory. The vengeance memory is way too high with the heatsink on it. What can I do? Can I put the fan on the cooler to pull instead of push or will I lose some cooling? Do I need to get different memory? Can I take of the heatsink on the first stick? Thanks.

just bend down/ cut off the fins that are hitting the memory... or rotate the cooler 90°. a picture of your situation would help us more understand your situation...

Can't rotate it 90, can't bend or cut off the fins. I either get wire clips instead of the plastic kit they use now or get a skinnier fan I guess.

I figured out that by placing the fan up higher on the cooler it will sit on top of the memory. It only misses about 7/8" of the cooler. I guess others have done this with no bad effects.

Use memory slots 2 and 4, and leave slots 1 and 3 empty. Most mobo's recommend using slots 2 and 4 before using slots 1 and 3 anyways.

4 slots of memory is what I will need. I have 4 stick of 4gb for video.

I tried putting it up higher but it is just about a 1/4" too tall to work. I will have to get a skinnier fan to fit on there but there are not that many and none that are pwm. I need to do some looking I guess.

I'm not familiar with this cooler orientation or anything, but can't you file down the heatsink on the RAM till it doesn't hit anymore?

For how low I would have file down on the heatsink I might as well take it off if I am going to do that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom