copy movies to hard drive?

Status
Not open for further replies.

gordonie

In Runtime
Is it possible to to take my huge cabinet of movies and use this blue ray burner to copy movies and other things to my hd so i can instantly access them on my desktop at any time? Can the same be done with games?

Newegg.com - ASUS Black 12X BD-R 2X BD-RE 16X DVD+R 12X DVD-RAM 8X BD-ROM 8MB Cache SATA Blu-ray Burner BW-12B1ST/BLK/G/AS

is there some special reader or something i need to do this or will this work? If so, someone please point me in the right direction so i can begin doing this

Thanks!

You do not need a burner to copy Blueray DVDs. For me, the easiest way, is to use a program, like Gizmo, that can save them as an ISO, and can emulate ISO files.

If you have a dvd you can use winxdvd ripper, makes good rips of dvds, not sure what to tell you for blu-ray copies. BTW, rips are MUCH smaller than an ISO, but you won't have the bonus features of a dvd, just the video. Also, some dvd's just cant be copied this way.

So its purely software driven from this point then right? I already have the blue ray burner, should be arriving soon.

Not that it matters because i bought it already but this guy can read and write all disc formats, blue ray and dvd right? Least thats what i understood from neweggs description

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom